U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 01:56 AM

275 posts, read 805,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugnubs View Post
I'd love to be able to wear a dress without pantyhose, but not possible in my middle-age. My legs are scarred, freckled, dented and not so pretty bare. My 32-year old daughter insists pantyhose are too dated but needs must. A pair of very sheer pantyhose makes a vast improvement, especially with a cocktail dress and I feel more put together. Unhappily, I recently spent $10 at Nordstrom's for a pair that were disasterously constructed and stretched so badly in the waist they kept rolling down like a window shade the one & only time I wore them that I spent the evening tugging and fretting with them. Will try another brand next time.

That's too bad you ended up wasting money like that at Nordstoms. They are sorta high end as far as a store. Try control top pantyhose stay in place better. You are probably thinking "what does a guy know about pantyhose"? Plenty...I'm married and I also wear them for leg health help...it works. I have never felt better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 06:45 AM

2,682 posts, read 3,576,211 times
I adore women in pantyhose/tights. Maybe you should try wearing thicker deniers/tights more often instead of sheer? .

I love the movement towards wearing tights. From what I've seen, girls really seem to like them too.....

Old 03-23-2009, 01:56 PM

6,262 posts, read 16,968,374 times
Sears has some wonderful panythose. Especially those toeless ones!!

Old 03-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Gue

24,120 posts, read 8,728,171 times
The teens out here refuse to wear panyhose. Coldest winter parties they are barelegged & sandals.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:43 PM
Itz

714 posts, read 1,860,465 times
Pantyhose suck.. lol

I wear garters and stockings... MUCH more comfortable . And you can still get them in big box stores - just basics though.

For long skirts I wear knee highs..

Old 04-10-2009, 01:36 PM

11 posts, read 28,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
I disagree. There's nothing sexier than bare legs in sexy heels--even from a woman's perspective (why do you think we instantly take a quick glimpse to see where 'his' eyes are when a pair walk into the room? ).
yes, ...his eyes are on her legs and I can tell you that guys really prefer hose to bare legs. Hose attracts more attention and glances, shines, makes legs appear smooth. The fact that you have so many guys arguing about this, or even participating in this discussion in the first place, means there's something to what I'm saying. Don't believe that hose attracts more male glances of the type you describe? Try it and see for yourself! (before you say they don't).

And if women do not want to attract attention that way to their legs, that's fine too.

Just do not try to convince yourselves that you know better than men what men like.

Old 04-11-2009, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donstk88 View Post
yes, ...his eyes are on her legs and I can tell you that guys really prefer hose to bare legs. Hose attracts more attention and glances, shines, makes legs appear smooth. The fact that you have so many guys arguing about this, or even participating in this discussion in the first place, means there's something to what I'm saying. Don't believe that hose attracts more male glances of the type you describe? Try it and see for yourself! (before you say they don't).

And if women do not want to attract attention that way to their legs, that's fine too.

Just do not try to convince yourselves that you know better than men what men like.

I catches my eyes everytime with out failure. I prefer legs in hose.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:35 PM

2,588 posts, read 4,786,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2225 View Post
I catches my eyes everytime with out failure.
Ouch, that's got to hurt!

Old 04-14-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
Ouch, that's got to hurt!
LOL! I suppose I need to focus on spell checking what I post... I believe today I wanted to write "It" instead of the "I" that I posted...

(It catches my eyes everytime with out failure. I prefer legs in hose.)

But I must say you got me good on that one!

Old 04-15-2009, 08:56 AM

11 posts, read 28,101 times
Default i missed it

To me it read just fine, I guess the brain compensates for small imperfections in spelling. Sorry about off-topic though.

I have not seen anyone confront what I said, so does that mean everyone agrees?

I still think the overall guiding principle for women in any discussion about what is sexy should be this:

Women, do not try to convince yourselves that you know better than men what men like.

And a corollary: if men tell you something is sexy on you, don't say it's not sexy and come up with several reasons of your own. Instead, just tell him: I know wearing pantyhose is sexy, I know you like it, I know it's fashionable in Europe and Asia, and even though you would prefer me to follow this fashion that you find so sexy, I do not do it because ... (I am lazy, I don't feel good in it, I just don't believe you, ... fill in your own)

See how simple it is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty