U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-21-2009, 06:04 PM
 
11 posts, read 28,091 times
Reputation: 14

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
I really do not have a choice, I have to wear em at work with my uniform. It kills me to pay $5 or $6 for a pair that lasts maybe 2 days (my job is hard on hose! Please keep your velcro out of the asile!) sometimes I wear hose with garters just so I can avoid having to trash the entire pair just because of a run in one of the legs...but that is even more uncomfortable than the pantyhose!!!
I agree, they cost more than they should, especially the models sold for routine wear do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-21-2009, 06:08 PM
 
11 posts, read 28,091 times
Reputation: 14
Default miscommunication I believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post
You make no sense to me. I was not generalizing about anything, and I certainly wasn't saying that I know what ALL men want. Rather, I was saying that not ALL men like the same thing... that's kind of the *opposite* of generalizing....

And as far as making up some other "excuse"... why, if I do not find pantyhose sexy in the least, should I come up with other reasons for not liking them, in some weird effort to validate someone else's opinion while invalidating and contradicting my own?
I agree, you should not have to come up with excuses and it would not make any sense to ask you to come up with excuses.

What I am saying to people in general is: please do not say "IT is not sexy" but say "I do not find it sexy". To me the first implies that you somehow speak for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2009, 05:42 AM
 
3,408 posts, read 8,479,427 times
Reputation: 1922
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Nylons were out for the late 90s and early 2000s...but they are back again. Textured and opaque colored & black tights came back a few years ago, and now all kinds of legwear is in again, from patterned tights to fishnets to sheer black nylons. The sheer, "nude" colored ones that really look orange are still a bit granny though.

I love legwear for wearing dresses/skirts in winter without freezing, because you don't have to shave , and for when my legs are bruised.

In the summer, bare-legged makes sense for where I live.
Yes, and thank God they are back again. I noticed more women wearing them from around 2005/2006-ish, and increasing every year after that, but still nowhere near the level of the 80's/early 90's. I also noticed more of the black nylons/tights as opposed to the nude/tan colored ones. What I haven't seen in a long time is white ones. Of course now that I'm Japan, I don't think pantyhose were every out of fashion over here, especially since they are required with business attire due to the more strict professional dress code.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2009, 06:49 PM
 
Location: Coachella Valley, California
15,533 posts, read 35,652,233 times
Reputation: 13126
Quote:
Originally Posted by donstk88 View Post
First of all let me say that I do appreciate your response because it gives specific reasons. Let's take this one at a time:

1. "they are hot" - I appreciate the reason given, to you they are probably hot and I believe you.

2. "they are uncomfortable" - I appreciate the reason given, to you they probably are uncomfortable and I believe you.

NOW this is what my original post was all about:
3. "I think they're ugly and shiny - which I hate"

- yes, you are free to believe they are ugly and to hate the fact they are shiny - BUT my response, which is also the point of my original post, is that MEN do not consider them ugly, on the contrary; furthermore, MEN would typically find the fact that they are shiny actually very sexy (so when you say "I think" you are believing in something which is not true, at least according to a lot of MEN. Not sure what your belief is based on, really.)

4. "I have nice legs already - why should I cover them up"

- when I hear this rhetorical question I cringe. If you ask the question like that it reveals that you are looking at pantyhose as a restriction or cover, hence there is only one answer to arrive at - you hate to cover what is already beautiful. I would have no problem with the question if its premise was false, i.e., if it weren't for the fact that for many MEN pantyhose are not covering up your legs but enhancing them, making them smoother and more appealing. This is the case, even with perfect legs.
1. I couldn't care less what a man thinks about my legs.

2. I do what I feel is best for me.

3. I don't have now, and never have, had any problems getting a man's attention - with or without pantyhose, or even in a pair of jeans or slacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2009, 11:44 AM
 
44 posts, read 131,027 times
Reputation: 41
Pantyhose will not go out of fashion. Too many men get turned on by seeing women in them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2009, 01:16 PM
 
11 posts, read 28,091 times
Reputation: 14
Default Pantyhose will never go out of fashion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnedOnByFeet View Post
Pantyhose will not go out of fashion. Too many men get turned on by seeing women in them.
Yes, indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2009, 01:54 AM
 
133 posts, read 257,409 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2225 View Post
It catches my eyes everytime with out failure. I prefer legs in hose.

me too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2009, 06:57 PM
 
Location: 5280
16 posts, read 131,467 times
Reputation: 26
i have a pantyhose and nylon fetish and it pisses me off that women do not wear them anymore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2009, 06:59 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
Reputation: 47455
not out of fashion "outgrown" them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2009, 07:07 PM
 
948 posts, read 1,370,972 times
Reputation: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnedOnByFeet View Post
Pantyhose will not go out of fashion. Too many men get turned on by seeing women in them.
True but I believe the preference is stockings over pantyhose. I actually prefer to wear stockings myself. They are more comfortable for me and make me feel very sexy and every man I have ever known has said they think stockings are sexy and hot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top