U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 07:32 AM

3,388 posts, read 5,541,016 times

Advertisements

Pantyhose can be too restricting, and are not one of my favs; but stockings/aka thigh hi's are a total staple for me.

There is nothing sexier (IMO) than a good pair of Cubans, on a nice set of legs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 12:27 PM

11 posts, read 28,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
1. I couldn't care less what a man thinks about my legs.

2. I do what I feel is best for me.

3. I don't have now, and never have, had any problems getting a man's attention - with or without pantyhose, or even in a pair of jeans or slacks.
This is not about you... please stay on topic.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:30 PM

522 posts, read 1,208,317 times
I stopped wearing them when I was 10 (my mom made me wear them with dresses as a child. It's a big reason why I stayed away from dresses for so long).
Be stockings and leggings are in style now. I don't generally like those either but it's great for cool weather.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:20 AM

3,388 posts, read 5,541,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Els View Post
Give me garters and stockings any day!

I agree!

If I am forced to wear some sort of hosery on my legs, I prefer stockings/thigh hi's to full pantyhose. I don't like the crotch in pantyhose, they fit weird, and feel funny.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:19 PM

7,484 posts, read 19,362,480 times
I sure hope they're out of style! In FL they're way too hot to wear. Thigh hi's are fine but full panty hose-yuck! I feel like a grandma when I wear them

Old 12-28-2009, 10:18 PM

6,262 posts, read 16,959,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
I sure hope they're out of style! In FL they're way too hot to wear. Thigh hi's are fine but full panty hose-yuck! I feel like a grandma when I wear them
not everyone thinks they are yuck.
You must buy the wrong type if the ones you have are like ones your grandmother might wear. I dunno though-how old is she?
My pantyhose fit snug and feel great.
More women should wear them and it's usually the ones who think they don't need them that honestly do.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:26 PM

211 posts, read 334,145 times
I am a hospital nurse and if I had to wear pantyhose for my 12-13 hour shifts I would strangle someone. I wear cotton socks with my running shoes because that's what I do most of my shift - run!

As to the comment about women having to wear pantyhose to limit staph infection - men don't carry the staph organism? I haven't met one man that works in a hospital that wears pantyhose (to the best of my knowlege).

I started out wearing nylons and a garter belt in the 60's when in high school. To this day I remember the painful red line around my waist and the round indentations in my thighs from that tourture. Pantyhose were an improvement and nurses had to wear white ones until pant uniforms were finally allowed. Then it was almost impossible to enforce wearing pantyhose, and really who cares?

Finally it was acknowleged that nursing is hard physical labor and you need to be as comfortable as possible for those long shifts. I regard garter belts and pantyhose as devious inventions of men along the lines of the corset and burka. If I have to wear a skirt I now go with thigh-highs and am comfortable and my husband thinks it's sexier too.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:05 PM

40 posts, read 98,191 times
I haven't worn pantyhose in probably 20-25 years. When my mom puts them on, they look so outdated.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:03 PM

2 posts, read 6,705 times
Way too many pantyhose haters here. Most of you here seem to think of pantyhose as an old wman thing. Well lets see, a nice silky pair of shimmery hosiery with a very cute skirt or dress.

Look here: [url]http://www.officialsweetevents.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/bestwhite.jpg[/url]

Pantyhose make a good set of legs look great! Remember, 85 percent of all women who try the bare leg look, FAIL!!!!

Old 02-05-2010, 10:19 PM

29,580 posts, read 31,900,225 times
I don't wear them often because I don't "dress up" anymore. But I always found them super comfortable when I did. I used the kind with the build in panty so I never had to worry about lines or anything, and it kept everything firm and non-jiggly. I never even noticed them once they were on...seriously comfortable. I don't know what gal's are trying to wear today that make them feel so awful.

Occasionally I wear a sundress with bare legs but it's NOT a good look for me unless it's a really long dress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty