U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 10:36 AM

2,639 posts, read 2,306,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawson26 View Post
Good for you KewGee!!

As to bras, I would NEVER leave my house without a bra on. Somehow I just think my Mom would "know" all the way down in Texas and I can guarantee you she would call!
That is so funny about your Mom. I have a bra story that is hysterical, but I can't tell it on here. I'd be too embarrassed. It isn't risque, just too funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2007, 12:28 PM

21,416 posts, read 29,533,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
That is so funny about your Mom. I have a bra story that is hysterical, but I can't tell it on here. I'd be too embarrassed. It isn't risque, just too funny.
Oh come on, we're all friends here, you know we won't tell

Old 07-03-2007, 12:33 PM

2,639 posts, read 2,306,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Oh come on, we're all friends here, you know we won't tell

Sure you won't tell!! I told some of the teachers where I work and they absolutely laughed off their heads. Of course, they went home and told their husbands and they too, laughed off their heads. It's funny, and when I get up my nerve, I'll spill the beans..........maybe!!

Last edited by KewGee; 07-03-2007 at 01:31 PM..

Old 07-03-2007, 01:37 PM

800 posts, read 3,892,688 times
I haven't read all the posts, but I was cracking up at some of them Hee hee!

I haven't worn them in many years...I don't miss them really LOL. I always would rip mine putting them on LOL...even if they were expensive ones, they'd always rip on me...

Also, I was frustrated because I have muscular legs, so the height and weight charts weren't accurate for me to buy mine LOL. I weigh 110-120 lbs., but often, I have to get a 'B' due to the quads being bulky from years of biking and running LOL.

I like fishnets personally...they are warmer in the winter and well, sexy

Old 07-03-2007, 01:48 PM

2,267 posts, read 2,375,648 times
It has literally been YEARS since I wore hose...I think like 5 years. I normally would just go bare legged, if my tan is not good then I put on a bronzer to help it along.

I absolutely HATE pantyhose.

I have an issue in general with wearing too much clothes, I don't like long sleeves, I hate wearing socks or shoes that tie...I like to be free. Thats why I love living in Florida so much, shorts and a T-shirt is my uniform with sandals.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:06 PM

15,533 posts, read 35,646,549 times
I live in the desert and I never, ever wear pantyhose! In fact, according to my own personal religion, pantyhose are a SIN!!! LOL!

I'm tan all the time and I work out, so why wear something that bunches up and makes you uncomfortable! I don't even wear then to weddings or funerals.

I compete in ballroom and there are few things more formal than a ballroom costume, and I don't wear pantyhose with those gowns either.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:49 PM

2,267 posts, read 2,375,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I live in the desert and I never, ever wear pantyhose! In fact, according to my own personal religion, pantyhose are a SIN!!! LOL!

I'm tan all the time and I work out, so why wear something that bunches up and makes you uncomfortable! I don't even wear then to weddings or funerals.

I compete in ballroom and there are few things more formal than a ballroom costume, and I don't wear pantyhose with those gowns either.
I wanna see some pictures...it sounds wonderful. My daugther and I love to watch ballroom dancing competitions, the real ones AND the Dancing with the Stars as well.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:28 AM

16,487 posts, read 20,332,656 times
I remember when there was no such thing as pantyhose, they were just nylons. You bought them in packages of two and had to wear this awful thing that went around your waist with long elastic things that held them on. The nylons got holes in them easy, so we would put a dab of nail polish on them to try to keep them from "running". Of course the nail polish, if seen, was rather ugly.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:02 PM

442 posts, read 1,902,693 times
I hate pantyhose too, but women are required to wear them where I work. It's such a joke because they don't make women wear them from Memorial Day - Labor Day at work. What's the difference in not wearing them in July but wearing them in April??? Oh, and women in management must wear them year-round, no exceptions. It's only the "peon" women who get to take advantage of the 3 months of no required hoisery. I don't get it.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:07 PM

3,258 posts, read 7,861,123 times
Always hated them, and not many people wear them in Florida anyway, they just tan their legs.

Nurses and Waitress...Support hose helps prevent tired legs and varicose veins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty