U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 07:13 PM

5 posts, read 10,298 times

Advertisements

You girls are crazy. I hate seeing women wear heals with no stockings. I can understand in warmer weather but when it's cooler out hose look so nice on you gals. The hose are very sexy. This bare leg look has gone to far I think.
Something to think about from a guy who loves womens legs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 07:20 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 17,332,009 times
I can't answer your last question but I got my first lesson that they were out of style in--believe it or not--1988 when I moved from Alaska to Seattle (again) and was wearing a cute little summer outfit with hose. My SIL discreetly corned me and told me to lose them, they're very dated looking--and they were just regular hose, not nets or seamed. LOL That was the first I'd heard of it.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:23 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 17,332,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky45 View Post
You girls are crazy. I hate seeing women wear heals with no stockings. I can understand in warmer weather but when it's cooler out hose look so nice on you gals. The hose are very sexy. This bare leg look has gone to far I think.
I disagree. There's nothing sexier* than bare legs in sexy heels--even from a woman's perspective (why do you think we instantly take a quick glimpse to see where 'his' eyes are when a pair walk into the room? ). *Well....almost nothing.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:13 PM

23,966 posts, read 31,191,719 times
Quote:
HEELS are a part of the foot, and a term for high heeled shoes.

HEALS is what a cut does over time.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:41 AM

3,469 posts, read 6,945,138 times
Nylons were out for the late 90s and early 2000s...but they are back again. Textured and opaque colored & black tights came back a few years ago, and now all kinds of legwear is in again, from patterned tights to fishnets to sheer black nylons. The sheer, "nude" colored ones that really look orange are still a bit granny though.

I love legwear for wearing dresses/skirts in winter without freezing, because you don't have to shave , and for when my legs are bruised.

In the summer, bare-legged makes sense for where I live.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:47 AM

6,262 posts, read 16,979,882 times
I've never followed trends. I prefer to be a trend setter. I do my own thing.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:48 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,496,636 times
pantyhose does not work well for very heavy people, americans are getting a lot heavier.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:44 PM

10,236 posts, read 13,541,785 times
I would probably still wear them to more formal function, mainly because I don't have pretty "leg skin". During the summer I try to ~ gasp!! ~ tan my legs really good (tried leg make-up and hated it). I also like to wear them under pants during the winter for warmth.

I read once many years ago that American women were the most demanding of ultra-sheer hosiery, which doesn't hold up. So they made them very thin, and as a result most of them don't survive a single wearing. Decades ago a pair of pantyhose often lasted me about 3 weeks! Thing is, I don't like real thin, sheer hosiery, anyway ~ what's the point?

Old 02-11-2009, 04:04 PM

15,542 posts, read 35,690,553 times
Quote:
If YOU like them so much, perhaps YOU should start wearing them. See how YOU like being all bunched up and uncomfortable!

Old 03-22-2009, 02:58 PM

186 posts, read 714,802 times
I'd love to be able to wear a dress without pantyhose, but not possible in my middle-age. My legs are scarred, freckled, dented and not so pretty bare. My 32-year old daughter insists pantyhose are too dated but needs must. A pair of very sheer pantyhose makes a vast improvement, especially with a cocktail dress and I feel more put together. Unhappily, I recently spent $10 at Nordstrom's for a pair that were disasterously constructed and stretched so badly in the waist they kept rolling down like a window shade the one & only time I wore them that I spent the evening tugging and fretting with them. Will try another brand next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty