Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 04:11 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,449,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
There would be less foot & back problems if women adopted this attitude when they selected foot ware for daily use. Sure, everybody needs nice looking shoes for those special times but don't go crazy and buy shoes that harm your feet for everyday use.

Good shoes, with wide toe boxes, good soles and arch supports will go a long way towards your foot, joint & back health both now and as you age. Skip the really high heels unless you're going to a party then take'm off as soon as you can.
Is this thread about expensive high-heeled shoes or just expensive shoes? You can still pay a fortune for flat and comfortable shoes.

And I've seen plenty of men with expensive shoes too. Particularly guys that are into hip-hop fashion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 04:17 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
There would be less foot & back problems if women adopted this attitude when they selected foot ware for daily use. Sure, everybody needs nice looking shoes for those special times but don't go crazy and buy shoes that harm your feet for everyday use.

Good shoes, with wide toe boxes, good soles and arch supports will go a long way towards your foot, joint & back health both now and as you age. Skip the really high heels unless you're going to a party then take'm off as soon as you can.

As a guy who spent his working life either in the military or factory I've never cut corners on shoes/boots. If I had to spend a $100 or more for my shoes/boots I did. I cut corners on clothes if I had to to be able to afford high quality American made foot ware.
^^^^^^Not going to happen!!!

I love how I look in high heels.....I wear them to the office, to the grocery store, to go shopping, out to dinner, etc, etc....

Also, I don't care how much I have to spend for that perfect pair of hot shoes. I don't care if they are made in Italy or France or Timbuktu....if they look great, I'm buying them.

Why are men being hypocritical about women's choice of footwear? Any woman knows that heads turn when she is wearing a sexy pair of heels and a cute outfit. And every woman knows that not a single head turns for a woman wearing Birkenstocks and a mumu.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:06 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,673,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Is this thread about expensive high-heeled shoes or just expensive shoes? You can still pay a fortune for flat and comfortable shoes. All the cheap made women's shoes is the focus.

And I've seen plenty of men with expensive shoes too. Particularly guys that are into hip-hop fashion. Mens shoes ,even the cheap ones, are better made than 80% of women's fashion shoes.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:10 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,673,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post

Why are men being hypocritical about women's choice of footwear? Any woman knows that heads turn when she is wearing a sexy pair of heels and a cute outfit. And every woman knows that not a single head turns for a woman wearing Birkenstocks and a mumu.
Why should a man be concerned about women's shoes?? Because married men and fathers get to pay the foot & back medical bills for foolish women who insist on fashion first.......body later.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:41 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Why should a man be concerned about women's shoes?? Because married men and fathers get to pay the foot & back medical bills for foolish women who insist on fashion first.......body later.
I hate to break this to you, but women in the work force can pay their own podiatrist and chiropractor bills, as well as buy shoes that their men MIGHT not approve of........this aint the 50s.
Why DO you persist on stirring the pot here?
Not enough attention at home, sweetie?

Old 10-09-2010, 12:53 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,322,250 times
probably already been mentioned but a lot goes into designing shoes. sneakers are an example. they also pay random athletes 230948203948 dollars to wear their shoes so they have to make that money back some how

Old 10-09-2010, 02:27 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,308,235 times
Hrm, I just asked my husband and he said most guys don't care about women's shoes... unless they are stripper's shoes which can make unattractive women look more appealing.

However uncomfortable or expensive the shoes may be, as long as you wear them for your own enjoyment I guess you are getting your money's worth.

Old 10-09-2010, 03:18 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,829,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroux View Post
<3 <3 <3 sounds like we're all channeling imelda marcos!!!!
My ex-husband always called me "Imelda".

Old 10-09-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I hate to break this to you, but women in the work force can pay their own podiatrist and chiropractor bills, as well as buy shoes that their men MIGHT not approve of........this aint the 50s.
Why DO you persist on stirring the pot here?
Not enough attention at home, sweetie?
You go girl. We all have our vices. Mine is shoes, shoes, and more shoes

Old 10-09-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Seriously Tightwad, get a life, and groove to the new millenium. I broke my ankle wearing a pair of 4 1/2 inch stillettos, all because of a stupid gopher hole on some guy's acreage.I have a great job, I buy my own clothes, and live my own life. Not all fashionable shoes are uncomfortable.

Now that my ankle is back, I am back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty