Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 09:44 AM

2,185 posts, read 4,989,694 times

Advertisements

I went to a Halloween Store the other day and half the stuff was cramped with misc halloween props, candy, pranks and kids costumes the other half was dedicated to womens costumes which looked more like frisky bedroom play type outfits. So if I wanted to go out as a can of diet coke, instead of the reto way where I would be dressed in a silver tubular costume down to my mid thigh or lower and arms hanging out, the updated version is silver spadex super short shorts and a some body paint to write diet coke on my bare chest.

Honestly, is this what halloween has come to? Considering the high obesity rate in the US, I am trying to figure out who is going to be wearing these costumes.

I am far from prude, but this has just taken a lot of fun of out of halloween for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 10:16 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,816,806 times
Oh yeah, all of the costumes you find these days are just slutty versions of whatever you're supposed to be dressed as. Some of them can be kind of cute... most are just trashy.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:36 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,496,583 times
Yes, Halloween should definitely be renamed "Slutoween". It's sad, isn't it?

I'm not sure what fat people or older people are supposed to do. (Fat, older people are doomed!) At 47 years old, I definitely wouldn't be dressing like Elvira!

Old 10-09-2010, 12:17 PM

19,389 posts, read 12,033,778 times
This applies to many of the young girls costumes as well. The witch now looks like a "sassy" witch rather than a scary one.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:18 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,925,504 times
Yeah, I know! I like to go as something cute - but not slutty. One year I was a mermaid, but I wore a t-shirt under the costume because I wasn't about to be showing off "the goods". One year I was Judge Judy, so I was all covered up. Last year I was a cat. I wore black leggings with boots, a black tight fitting tunic with a boat neck and long sleeves, and some cat ears, whiskers, and false eyelashes. Haven't figured out what I'm going to be this year yet. I better get on it though because it's right around the corner!

Old 10-09-2010, 09:41 PM

13,290 posts, read 15,232,087 times
Quote:
Halloween Costumes = **** for a day?
I blame it on the US' general over prudishness which leads to hypersexuality.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:55 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,291,324 times
Haha I love slutty Halloween costumes. Halloween is a HUGE deal for me and I start planning in late September/early October. I was never allowed to dress up for Halloween (my mom thought it was Satanic), so what better way of rebelling than to be celebrating Satan with my boobs hanging out?

Old 10-10-2010, 06:16 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,356,541 times
LOL, I stocked up on a few not for Halloween, but to wear for my husband.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:16 PM

13,290 posts, read 15,232,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Haha I love slutty Halloween costumes. Halloween is a HUGE deal for me and I start planning in late September/early October. I was never allowed to dress up for Halloween (my mom thought it was Satanic), so what better way of rebelling than to be celebrating Satan with my boobs hanging out?
::Views pic:: I cannot think of a better way for you to celebrate Halloween, or Easter, or Christmas, or Columbus Day, or ...

But, seriously, see what happens? When you don't let people express themselves they dress slutty.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:17 AM

44 posts, read 73,467 times
I think it is a waste of money, for something you are just going to wear one night. We received 50% off coupons in the mail for a halloween store near my house. Spent over an hour trying on costumes, I was excited that I finally found one that I liked. When I went to make the purchase, because I had the coupon the rang up the highest ticketed price. I told the guy what he did was false advertising, and I am not going to pay $60.00 for something I am going to wear only once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty