Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 04:28 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,583,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Townandcountrygal View Post
Is Jovan still around? Many years ago had a boyfriend who wore it...oh what delightful memories that scent evokes.... It's a potent fragrance, sultry, sexy, but it doesn't suit all men, I don't think. Good fragrance for the manly man with a strong personality (just my opinion).

Another fragrance I like for men is Bay Rhum but that's also a strong fragrance and very, very different from Jovan--spicy, clovey, fresh.
Jovan has a new scent, "Satisfaction." I prefer the men's version. It seems I've always liked the men's version of perfume when there is one created for each gender.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 08:39 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,273,158 times
I like several fragrances and all of them are my favorite and which one I put forth depends on my mood and the occasion. I tend not to like fragrances named after Entertainers. If I have to just choose one off the top of my head Amarige by Givenchy. It is light, but lasting and has a subtle sweetness that says "I am she..." "Come get me..."

Old 10-25-2010, 04:34 PM

992 posts, read 2,363,876 times
I love Burberry Original, Burberry Sheer, and Guerlain's Samsara for me.

My husband thinks I'm crazy but I love old school Polo cologne. Reminds me of my teenagehood.

Old 10-25-2010, 04:36 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,353,152 times
L'Eau by Serge Lutens
She Wood - Velvet Forest Wood by DSquared

Old 10-29-2010, 10:56 PM

73 posts, read 217,190 times
I'm a huge fan of Burberry fragrances.
My favorite standby is Burberry Classic.
I also love The Beat and Weekend.
I tend to like oriental and vanilla based scents.
Some other favorites have been Christian Audigier (the one in the red bottle) although it can be a little overbearing for day, L.A.M.B. by Gwen Stefani, Lolita Lem***** Fleur de Corail, and Philosophy Falling in Love.
I'm also looking into purchasing Pure by DKNY. I got a sample and it was light and just nice. I work as a counselor so I like to have something that wouldn't be overbearing to clients.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:23 PM

43 posts, read 32,374 times
As a gay man, I sorta experiment with many fragrances. LOL.

Chanel No. 19 I only wear it to church on Sunday. Washes away the sins from the night before. LOLjk

Very Sexy(for men) by Victoria's Secret: The dark blue bottle. Really sexy indeed.

Escape(for men) by Calvin Klein: My perennial favorite. Makes me feel fresh.

Rare Pearls by Avon: Beautiful, light fragrance. I love the faintness of it. This is the one that people ask me about the most. "What fragrance is that? it smells wonderful"..it gets noticed all the time.

Bucheron: Very elegant but not too overpowering.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:07 PM

5,749 posts, read 10,328,449 times
I like the classic, french perfumes like Chanel No. 5 and First by Van Cleef & Arpels. Those are my two staple fragrances that I always have on hand.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:01 PM

13 posts, read 31,506 times
I like natural flavor from ones.

Old 11-06-2010, 05:57 AM

18,837 posts, read 37,198,257 times
I have worn Beautiful for years.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:13 AM

14 posts, read 47,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deef1 View Post
I'm confused. Why would anyone buy perfume that you are unfamiliar with online, Without knowing if you like the scent? I could never do that. Gotta try it first. Not just do I like the scent, but actually put it on and wear it a while. Perfumes smell different on each of us. What smells great on someone else may not smell good on me.

My preferences are: Beautiful, White Linen, Gio and Amazing Grace. Beautiful being my top choice.
Have tried others, and some I like, but I don't like them well enough to switch. These are my staples.
Completly agree with you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty