U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 02:19 PM

7,371 posts, read 5,679,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I am sure I am going to be scolded for taking this thread off-topic, but since the OP has another one just like it, oh well....
Watching a tailor at work is like watching an artist.
My grandmother could take a piece of fabric, lay it out on the dining room table, and without even using a pattern, cut out a dress, suit, or whatever. When she was done, the piece would look like something out of a high end department store, it was amazing to watch her.
And all done on an old treadle Singer that had been converted to electricity.

My Mom could do this too!! Absolutely amazing to watch her design patterns and put different pattern pieces together. I remember when we looked at "store-bought clothing" she was so disgusted by the composition and seams. She made my sister and me very beautiful dresses to wear to church and weddings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 02:32 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,607,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
My Mom could do this too!! Absolutely amazing to watch her design patterns and put different pattern pieces together. I remember when we looked at "store-bought clothing" she was so disgusted by the composition and seams. She made my sister and me very beautiful dresses to wear to church and weddings.
lol, I can still remember my grandmothers pithy comments about store bought clothing.
She did love my mothers handmade French couture, though.
And then would scold my mother for not making that Chanel suit herself...."You can do that just as well as Coco, I taught you, and you're better looking, too!"

Old 10-21-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
Effin magical.
How Emily Post-ian of you.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:00 PM

6,039 posts, read 9,209,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
How Emily Post-ian of you.
Back to shoes!!

Old 10-23-2010, 07:57 PM

25,084 posts, read 13,910,330 times
I love shoes and most of the good looking ones are high heels, but u do need to be health conscious too. Find a balance that works for your tastes. Most high heels are not made for long walks or all day wear. I know women who do wear them like that and seem quite comfortable. I typically were heels for only short periods of time if I am going to be walking or standing. However, if I am sitting or laying down, I am not wearing them for my health and um on be in 'em as long as the situation allows... after all they set a mood and look good. Especially up in the air and behind closed doors. I guess u have to pick your poison

Old 10-23-2010, 08:15 PM

7,371 posts, read 5,679,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I love shoes and most of the good looking ones are high heels, but u do need to be health conscious too. Find a balance that works for your tastes. Most high heels are not made for long walks or all day wear. I know women who do wear them like that and seem quite comfortable. I typically were heels for only short periods of time if I am going to be walking or standing. However, if I am sitting or laying down, I am not wearing them for my health and um on be in 'em as long as the situation allows... after all they set a mood and look good. Especially up in the air and behind closed doors. I guess u have to pick your poison
You said it!!!. I usually don't wear heels tha much during the day anymore, but I always wear them when I go out. It's not that to find really comfortable, quality shoes at great prices by shopping around. If shoes are my "poison", than I guess I know what I'm picking.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:54 AM

326 posts, read 687,818 times
I was addicted to big high heels until I became a massage therapist.... lol

From the tip of my toes all the way into my hips and SPINE and UP my spine to my neck are out of wack because of heels.

I still wear heels but now just cute little ones. And mostly cute flats.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:37 PM

8,957 posts, read 16,997,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkMagaritas View Post

From the tip of my toes all the way into my hips and SPINE and UP my spine to my neck are out of wack because of heels.

Thank you! Oh, Thank you very much!!!

Old 10-25-2010, 05:51 PM

^ Sounds like he is happy that you are in pain, Drinksmargaritas.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:00 PM

6,039 posts, read 9,209,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkMagaritas View Post

All things in moderation. I wear them when I go out, and my back, hips, neck, and feet are just fine. No problems whatsoever
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty