Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 06:09 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,451,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
First of all, its still warm where I live, so the question still stands. I sometimes like to wear shorts, like from Loft that are maybe cuffed or tailored not jean shorts but mid thigh or a little higher, with a 3 1/2-4" heel thats on the casual side. Espadrille or stacked wegde.
I am 42 and I have nicely curved legs and I am a little vain about my full calf muscles and small ankles and cute knees. In heels I just feel my legs look that much better and calves are such a classy way to feel sexy!
I really like this look in the Fall , I think it works better with more tailoring . In other words a tank top and this look is not my thing.

Does this look scream tacky or desperate to any one? Cause I feel awesome in my shorts and high heel espadrilles, but maybe its "too much"? I think I look younger than 42, but don't we all?
Nothing is wrong with that! As long as you feel good and look good who cares what anyone else thinks? I don't think its too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 06:45 PM

5 posts, read 6,182 times
All that matters is that YOU feel good. If you're at all self conscious about your look, it will reflect on the way you carry yourself.

You like it, go for it!

However, it is never too late to look for a different look that may be as flattering as the one you love but are unsure about.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:36 PM

860 posts, read 2,711,652 times
So are you trying to sell me swimwear loveli?? Gorgeous stuff, I peeked! Expensive, stunning lingerie OMG!
I have many looks, mostly mom looks,today cargo pants and a tee. But every once in awhile I like to glam it up. Thanks for all the responses!

Old 10-29-2010, 03:30 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,128,977 times
I'm not much of a shorts person, but it sounds like you'd know how to pull if off well!

Old 10-29-2010, 09:17 PM

37,496 posts, read 45,798,776 times
Heels and shorts should never be worn together in my opinion. Espadrilles, sure...that can be a cute look. But heels...no way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty