U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 04:12 PM

4,486 posts, read 4,337,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
I used to love Eddie Bauer and I still buy it. However I have found at least in the GWN (Canada) that the quality of the women's clothing has dropped. I still really like the men's stuff though, and feel the quality has stayed the same. Those flannel lined jeans are to die for when it's -30 F (or lower).
I have some of those jeans. Love them!

I was checking out a new thrift store a while back and made a heck of a buy. Not one but two jacket systems. One was EB and the other LLBEAN, brand new with the store tags, $8.00 each and the tag price was $179. Bought them both.

Now, I don't know how long it's been since you've seen a catalog but they have really khaki skirts and pants, sweaters and a lot more. Even dresses. With the replacement guaranty, they're a real bargain and professional looking without being too dressy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 04:12 PM

15,535 posts, read 29,284,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
Please I beg of you do not go to your job looking like a lumber jack or you could face embarassment if your employer decides he/she does not like the way you dress. Remember you are representing the company.
It's my company.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-03-2010, 04:14 PM

4,486 posts, read 4,337,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I have some of those jeans. Love them!

I was checking out a new thrift store a while back and made a heck of a buy. Not one but two jacket systems. One was EB and the other LLBEAN, brand new with the store tags, $8.00 each and the tag price was $179. Bought them both.

Now, I don't know how long it's been since you've seen a catalog but they have really khaki skirts and pants, sweaters and a lot more. Even dresses. With the replacement guaranty, they're a real bargain and professional looking without being too dressy.
Uh, "nice khaki" is what that should say.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:36 PM

10,733 posts, read 19,101,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
It's my company.

20yrsinBranson
All the more reason to look decent, not like you're going out to slop the hogs or are a traveling vet or something. Personally, if someone wants my business (unless you are a jewelry designer or something and just want product space in shops or whatever) I want a professional appearance and persona from that person.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:39 PM

21,149 posts, read 22,152,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
All the more reason to look decent, not like you're going out to slop the hogs or are a traveling vet or something. Personally, if someone wants my business (unless you are a jewelry designer or something and just want product space in shops or whatever) I want a professional appearance and persona from that person.

I agree...especially if that business relates to personal care and luxury...which is what I understood when she said "spa"....I'm not going to be convinced that someone cares about luxury and personal care if she doesn't appear to take care of herself and her appearance.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:47 PM

7,371 posts, read 5,687,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Uh, "nice khaki" is what that should say.
Well we don't have an LLBean anywhere (but I think we can order), and we do have a Land's End (which is in Sears). I still have lots of my older EB, which is great quality, and I have bought lots for my son there over the years. He has moved more into trendy stuff (other than his winter parka), so he doesn't shop much at EB anymore. I haven't been in there for awhile, probably twice in the last 8-10 months because the store is about an hour from where I work or the college, but I am going to check it out this weekend as well as the Land's End.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:57 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,661,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I agree...especially if that business relates to personal care and luxury...which is what I understood when she said "spa"....I'm not going to be convinced that someone cares about luxury and personal care if she doesn't appear to take care of herself and her appearance.
If the OP is going to be doing this in Branson, there will be quite a few tourists coming in from real cities.
They are so not going to take her seriously if she isnt dressed in a manner appropriate to someone who is offering a luxury service.
Sorry 20years, but if you want to be taken seriously, you HAVE to look the part.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:00 PM

7,288 posts, read 10,388,500 times
If you don't live in a hot climate, all black might be good. Black pants, black blazer, etc. Nice, fun jewelry.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:42 AM

5 posts, read 17,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
If you don't live in a hot climate, all black might be good. Black pants, black blazer, etc. Nice, fun jewelry.
I agree that.
Black is the most functional color.
Use some shining and dazzling accessories, remember

Old 11-04-2010, 11:17 AM

7,371 posts, read 5,687,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
That's true. Today I am at work at my bf's office, he is in a construction related industry. He is going out for lunch today, so he is wearing a very nice casual dress shirt, khaki's, and the usual accessories--the people he is meeting with will all look the same. I am working in the office and I am wearing a simple skirt (knee length in different shades of small grey and black plaid), a plain black sweater, and a really funky jacket with black suede heels, and a black suede and leather purse. I've also added some jewellery for fun. I feel great and I feel very comfortable with what I am wearing. There are tradespeople and professional folks coming and going around me. I don't feel underdressed or overdressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty