U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 04:27 PM

3,432 posts, read 3,283,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Could be, I would invest in a good brush, you just cant beat good ones.

Which one would you recommend? I bought what I THOUGHT were Bobbi Brown brushes on ebay but they were fake. Got my money back through paypal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 04:36 PM

4,941 posts, read 7,101,902 times
I love Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner. I've tried LOTS of them and keep coming back to it. I got the small brush from Bobbi Brown when I bought the eyeliner. They are expensive but worth it. I've only bought 2 bottles in over 2 years. That's how long it lasts and I wear eyeliner everyday. I do wet the brush before I apply it.

Old 11-05-2010, 04:36 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,707,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Which one would you recommend? I bought what I THOUGHT were Bobbi Brown brushes on ebay but they were fake. Got my money back through paypal.
Do you have Target stores in your area? I swear by the Sonia Kashuk brushes.
They can be ordered, if you dont have Target.
Love this one because it does double duty!

Sonia Kashuk® Retractable Silver Eyeliner/Smudger Brush : Target

Old 11-05-2010, 04:52 PM

3,432 posts, read 3,283,087 times
Quote:
Do you have Target stores in your area? I swear by the Sonia Kashuk brushes.
They can be ordered, if you dont have Target.
Love this one because it does double duty!

Sonia Kashuk® Retractable Silver Eyeliner/Smudger Brush : Target

No we only have Walmart and all they carry is crappy cheap brushes. I'll try ebay. Thanks.

Old 11-05-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
No we only have Walmart and all they carry is crappy cheap brushes. I'll try ebay. Thanks.
I ordered that brush from Target, cuz ours doesnt carry nice stuff like that.....just a thought......

Old 11-05-2010, 07:18 PM

862 posts, read 2,269,799 times
I have used Smashbox powder liner for years and I love it. I tried a gel liner (Loreal?) and I hate it.But I like a smokey subtle look, is the gel good for winged/catseye effects?
I can't go back to pencil, it just won't stay put.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:21 PM

7,371 posts, read 5,693,711 times
Quote:
I ordered that brush from Target, cuz ours doesnt carry nice stuff like that.....just a thought......
Unfortunately, the GWN does not have Target, only Walmart, and People of Walmart!! We do have Winners which is the (Canadian version of TJ Maxx--same company), but we don't seem to get any of the really good stuff in western Canada. Sometimes I think retailers think we're like the wild west, here.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:22 PM

7,371 posts, read 5,693,711 times
Quote:
You got that right...

Old 11-06-2010, 09:50 AM

6,772 posts, read 11,609,975 times
The brush I use for my Bobbi Brown eyeliner is from Sally Beauty Supply, I think it's a Face Secrets/Smudge brush. It's like $3, I love it. If you like an ultra thin line and don't have a really steady hand it might not be the brush for you tho.

Lisa! I got that charcoal mask from Ebay the other day. I haven't tried it yet tho cuz my face is really dry atm.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Unfortunately, the GWN does not have Target, only Walmart, and People of Walmart!! We do have Winners which is the (Canadian version of TJ Maxx--same company), but we don't seem to get any of the really good stuff in western Canada. Sometimes I think retailers think we're like the wild west, here.
That sucks!
Dont feel bad about the TJ Maxx thing, I have to drive over an hour to get to a good one, the one in my town just carries nasty stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty