U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 07:36 AM

341 posts, read 540,366 times

Advertisements

The most beautiful women are without fake things! BTW: I am a man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 02:43 PM

14,072 posts, read 20,182,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
make may do the strips but the semi perm you need to get them done by a LIC esthetician in most states.
Oh I know that. I would only do it if I was heading out for a special evening or something to have it done by Mac. If I liked it, I may seek someone to do it more permanent that has the correct license, etc. Trust me, I spent $7k on my girls when the $3k specials were running because I didn't want to take any chances..

Old 07-15-2012, 10:00 PM

4,004 posts, read 5,095,715 times
I wear them a lot, I put them on at least once a week, when I go out socially. I wouldn't wear them to work, but for a special occasion/nighttime face, they are now an essential part of my routine.

You can reuse them indefinitely. As I only use them a couple of times a week at most, two pairs will last me for 3 months or so.

Yesterday I put on a new brand and I honestly forgot I was wearing them, thats how comfortable and natural they were. Once you've done it a couple of times you can whip them on with less hassle than a coat of mascara...no smudging either!

Old 07-15-2012, 11:42 PM

24,683 posts, read 43,265,040 times
How can chicks be bothered putting on all that stuff? If I were a lady I'd probably be considered a right slob, I couldn't be arsed!

Old 07-16-2012, 02:27 AM

3,872 posts, read 4,292,126 times
I think they look great and appreciate women who wear them. I find the artificial look in general to be super sexy.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:21 PM

4,004 posts, read 5,095,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
How can chicks be bothered putting on all that stuff? If I were a lady I'd probably be considered a right slob, I couldn't be arsed!
See, that's why you're not a girl.

We love all that sort of frippery and preening. The cave girls used to squeeze out berry juice for their lips and cheeks, even though they didn't even have a mirror!

I'm very budget conscious myself, but you would seriously NOT BELIEVE how much money some women spend on makeup and other potions and lotions.

Some spend THOUSANDS a year.

I say none of it's a waste, if you're a girl and it makes you feel good.

You guys like to spend time kicking a lump of leather around a paddock or dragging innocent critters out of the sea, well that seems a waste of time to me too!

Old 07-17-2012, 11:30 PM

1,657 posts, read 2,998,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
Try as I might, applying false eyelashes is hard. I've worn them once so far, and my glasses hid that they weren't applied remotely near my natural lashes.
Gotta practice putting on these things for when I feel like wearing contacts.
Any suggestions? My nails are short, so no problem handling them. The challenge lies with applying the false lashes close to my real ones.
I wear them almost everyday. I always apply them with tweezers, and not my fingers...you have more control with the tweezers. Also, let your glue dry for a few minutes until it is really tacky, that way they don't slide all over your eye lid. You can try watching youtube vids on falsie application that might help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty