U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2007, 01:33 AM

206 posts, read 603,958 times

Advertisements

Being muscular, I don't really see any reason not to shave or wax. All that time spent in the gym etching definition pays off even more when people can actually see it. It's simply a more aesthetic look.

In my opinion, it is debatable that men with average or worse bodies should shave/wax, unless they are a competitive swimmer/biker or something. Otherwise, I would think that would just make them look girly or prepubescent...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 10:31 AM

1,127 posts, read 4,445,392 times
Quote:
In my opinion, it is debatable that men with average or worse bodies should shave/wax, unless they are a competitive swimmer/biker or something. Otherwise, I would think that would just make them look girly or prepubescent...
Came home to find normally hairy husband had shaved his chest and stomach. We're talking about a pudgy teddy bear figure here. It was awful! He looked like a large male toddler. UGH! Not only was it awful to look at, but when the hair started coming back he would obsessively scratch his chest and belly. When ever we were in public I would have to remind him to stop scratching every few minutes because it looked like he had some horrible skin disease. Lord that was an embarrassing, thankfully brief period in our lives!

He still blushes when my sisters bring it up; it was my younger sister who told him he looked like a, "giant toddler." We still laugh at him over that one!

Guys, you've now been warned!

Signed,
Happy with Hairy

Old 12-28-2007, 10:43 AM

3,885 posts, read 7,206,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post
Too much hair on a guy (back, sticking out of a dress shirt collar) is IMHO very unattractive and gross. It should be trimmed or removed. Leg, chest, arm (and under arm) and abdomen hair is masculine and fine.
Can I just say "Amen". Back hair is not attractive! I like my man to be manly, but if he had back hair we would have to talk.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:13 AM

498 posts, read 1,363,176 times
Talking Unite

I just doubled checked my honeys' back and he has a patch of hair right above his pant line. It is very sexy!! He has hair on his chest. Gotta have that!!

Hey Happy with Hairy, will you post a pic, do you have one?? LOL!!

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE

Old 01-03-2008, 12:38 AM

238 posts, read 747,295 times
I've always been a fan of hairy men but maybe that's just because I stick to dating Jews and that would rule out a good number. I think hairless men are just way too vain and feminine for my taste.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:04 AM

498 posts, read 1,363,176 times
Thumbs up Too Funny !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drouzin View Post
Came home to find normally hairy husband had shaved his chest and stomach. We're talking about a pudgy teddy bear figure here. It was awful! He looked like a large male toddler. UGH! Not only was it awful to look at, but when the hair started coming back he would obsessively scratch his chest and belly. When ever we were in public I would have to remind him to stop scratching every few minutes because it looked like he had some horrible skin disease. Lord that was an embarrassing, thankfully brief period in our lives!

He still blushes when my sisters bring it up; it was my younger sister who told him he looked like a, "giant toddler." We still laugh at him over that one!

Guys, you've now been warned!

Signed,
Happy with Hairy
Ya know, you made me think of one of the guys in our town. He stands about 6'8" or something like that and he weighs probably close to 400 pds. if not more. Well, there was some kind of bet going on in the bar between a bunch of the town guys. Well, needless to say the big guy lost. He had to put on nothing but a great big diaper, a bonnet and hold a big baby bottle. LOL!!! But the funniest part of it was that he had to have a life size picture of him made and put on the wall for everyone and anyone to see!!! It was the talk of the town for a long time. This guys nick name is Tiny of course. Aw, it was all in good fun> That picture was up there for about 10 years or more. He has gray hair now, which makes it funnier to this day. He is a total comedian~~ Although the diaper thing was a little out of his realm. LOL> Sorry.

The one thing I don't remember was if he had to shave any of his body hair?? I will find out. Oh well, just a laugh!

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE

Old 01-03-2008, 04:41 PM

3,830 posts, read 9,140,463 times
I'm not very hairy although there is a 'treasure trail' up to my navel and hair on my chest. However, women better be ready to accept me as I am because I shave my jaws and my neck and that is all! Actually, half the time I'm pretty nubby there, too.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:47 AM

14,174 posts, read 22,492,358 times
I just do simple "manscaping", like using a hair trimmer with a guard on to trim down leg and arm hair without completely removing it - so no stubble problems. I have very little chest hair and shave it every day when I shave my face. I find this to be fairly easy upkeep - maybe once a month or 6 weeks for the leg/arm hair trimming.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:55 AM

1,222 posts, read 4,107,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Can I just say "Amen". Back hair is not attractive! I like my man to be manly, but if he had back hair we would have to talk.
Agree totally nothing worse - hairy chest is nice but forget the back !!! ugh

Old 02-01-2008, 06:57 PM

3,940 posts, read 13,064,209 times
I do it. I even shave my pits. Sometimes I'll take a break and let the hair catch back up for a while, or I'll at least let my chest hair come in. Some girls go crazy for chest hair. ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty