U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2008, 09:18 PM

19,273 posts, read 20,151,367 times

Advertisements

I always feel sorry for guys with hairy backs.

At the beach, they look like rugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 11:33 AM

2,518 posts, read 9,691,595 times
I hate body hair because it's nasty to feel it all sweaty against your shirt and shorts when you work out or are outside in the heat. It's gross. Body hair is yucky. I don't shave because I hate that stubbly feel. Waxing is too expensive and takes too much time. So I just use a clipper and clip my body hair about once every 2-3 weeks. I also make cute little designs in my private area..like little devil horns. They are bad-azz

Old 03-29-2008, 06:38 PM

7,065 posts, read 2,748,964 times
I say shave it or wax it if you have a hairy back or hairy shoulders. It just looks so much better. And it helps if the guys keeps their pits trimmed too. I can't help but laugh, but I am serious.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:16 PM

3,446 posts, read 7,654,222 times
men shaving body hair is a turn off - I want my men to look like men - not hairless metrosexuals

Old 04-02-2008, 12:05 PM

27,236 posts, read 40,266,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
I'm curious as to what your opinions are about men shaving their body hair. I am normally hairy, but I recently shaved all my body hair for the first time, for a photo shoot for a friends clothing company modeling shorts.

I've gotton mixed reactions from people about it. Some people react like it's great that I did it, they've said things like "Why don't more guys do that?" or "That looks so much better and cleaner."

Others have looked at me with an expression of confusion, "Why did you do that?", "I would never do that to myself." etc. It seems that women like it, and men react to it like it's wierd or unnatural. Some people even seem to think that only gay men shave thier bodies, however I am not gay.

Personally, I think it's much cleaner and better looking. It seems like women are more attracted to it too. I've also realized that when it's hot outside, having all that extra body hair just feels warm, sticky and nasty. I might just keep on shaving it.

So what is you alls opinion on this? It seems like there's a certain stigma in our society that "real men" don't do it. Thanks
I never had a lot of body hair. In fact, I don't remember being as hairy as I am NOW while in my 20's (talking about the chest and abs).

I do believe in shaving the backs of my hands and fingers, as I don't like to have the "gorilla" look.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:04 AM

549 posts, read 1,717,397 times
I have a pet peev about guys who wax their chest clean but have stubble on their face or facial hair. What kind of sense does that make?

Old 04-19-2008, 09:48 PM

3 posts, read 14,977 times
Default Why Not?

Body shaving, while requiring some maintenance (which can be fun when shared) has too many upsides to be ignored. Cleanliness being the first. I use to be be hairy, and because I love to workout, always seemed to be sweating and strangely enough always having body odor. Fortunately I met a woman who politely posed the question...what would happen if you got rid of "all that hair". I did and ever since, have no problems with BO and have discovered the joy of "smooth on smooth". Sure it takes another 10 minutes out my day but it is more than worth it. I love the way my boxers feel against my skin and to describe the desire I see in her eyes when she shaves me . is impossible. Did I mention that I am 55 and have been shaving for only 5 years... My grandmother used to say that youth is wasted on the young. Don't waste your yours...

Old 04-19-2008, 09:56 PM

Location: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
88 posts, read 259,652 times
Exclamation Examine thyself

Humankind for millenia has functioned proficiently irrespective of shaving.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:57 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
ya, shaving body hair is a lil fruity... why shave it? people get stuck on the most superficial things. i prefer a natural chest.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:02 PM

204 posts, read 1,377,734 times
body hair is okay with me. i especially hate it now that there seems to be a trend with college guys that shave their legs and wax the hair on their forarms. Creeps me out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty