U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2008, 03:16 PM

1 posts, read 6,711 times

Advertisements

For all of you who don't like body hair, is sounds like you don't want grown men (or women).

The trend for women shaving their body hair is well rooted in the history of female prostitution. (no offense intended for prostitutes). Prostitutes shaved their body hair to appear younger. Take a woman's study class, for goodness sake, and please understand that shaving body hair is rooted in an unrealistic love of youth.

Gay men shaved (and some still do) their body hair for a number of decades now (no offense towards gay men). The popularity of non gay men shaving their body hair is rather recent. One need only look back to the 70s and part of the 80s to see that body hair on men was often a symbol of manliness and fertility.

Ruling out whole human beings because of body hair? Goodness, if you do this, you have issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 03:36 PM

15,533 posts, read 35,652,233 times
I'm a Brazilian girl at heart - I love my men without body hair - and I love my issues!!!!!

Old 06-30-2008, 05:59 PM

8,415 posts, read 34,331,463 times
I hate body hair. Its dirty, ugly and gets everywhere. It has nothing to do with wanting a real man or being a real woman. Its personal grooming. I know full grown men that have nothing but a few hairs on the chest. Over 35 so I am sure they are done with puberty.

Hair removal has roots further back into ancient egypt. Dump the womens study crap and go even further back.

Personally I think its easier/looks better to trim it if you have a lot. Waxing/shaving can make for a rash thats uglier than the body hair. It looks better and neater and the body is easier to clean.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:18 PM

81 posts, read 221,626 times
shaved is better--
hairy guys in my opinion arent that attractivee ;]

Old 06-30-2008, 11:36 PM

539 posts, read 1,612,779 times
I used to shave for swimming and cycling - but that itch.
Why don't guys just use clippers for excessive hair. It could look neat and well maintained and not wild.
TMI ALERT - I use the largest comb that comes with a set of hair clippers and trim the hair under my pits to keep the "Buckwheat In A Headlock" look at bay.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:03 PM

21 posts, read 116,076 times
Default Shaving Body Hair

To any man who has never shaved your body hair... you have no idea how great it feels and what your missing out on.

It's a lot like using drugs... If you've never done it, then you dont know what your missing. Some people choose not to try it but they are just not enjoying the fun that everyone else who does try it enjoys.

I'm a straight guy, happily married for 9 years, my wife and I both body shave completely smooth, the sex is AMAZING. It feels SO MUCH better than with hair. You have no idea.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:09 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,213,830 times
I know man. I don't understand why people, especially women, are so hung on physical appearence. I would never shave for anyone. If women prefer shaved guys, then they must want men to look like little boys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by epearson View Post
For all of you who don't like body hair, is sounds like you don't want grown men (or women).

The trend for women shaving their body hair is well rooted in the history of female prostitution. (no offense intended for prostitutes). Prostitutes shaved their body hair to appear younger. Take a woman's study class, for goodness sake, and please understand that shaving body hair is rooted in an unrealistic love of youth.

Gay men shaved (and some still do) their body hair for a number of decades now (no offense towards gay men). The popularity of non gay men shaving their body hair is rather recent. One need only look back to the 70s and part of the 80s to see that body hair on men was often a symbol of manliness and fertility.

Ruling out whole human beings because of body hair? Goodness, if you do this, you have issues.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:10 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,213,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH777 View Post
To any man who has never shaved your body hair... you have no idea how great it feels and what your missing out on.

It's a lot like using drugs... If you've never done it, then you dont know what your missing. Some people choose not to try it but they are just not enjoying the fun that everyone else who does try it enjoys.

I'm a straight guy, happily married for 9 years, my wife and I both body shave completely smooth, the sex is AMAZING. It feels SO MUCH better than with hair. You have no idea.
Yes, I do. I wouldn't feel comfortable shaving anywhere except my face.

Old 07-19-2008, 10:48 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,085 posts, read 11,222,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
men shaving body hair is a turn off - I want my men to look like men - not hairless metrosexuals
I feel exactly the same way. I revel in the differences between men's and women's bodies. Hair is one of those things that make men men. If they're as smooth as I am, that's a huge turn-off. If they have excessive body hair, like a back that looks like a rug, that's one thing and I understand the desire to shave, but a decent amount of body hair (arms, legs, chest, happy trail, etc. ) just looks manly, and that's sexy.

Old 07-19-2008, 11:30 PM

700 posts, read 2,283,157 times
I stumbled on this post...
And as an Italian-American I must say...yikes!!

I would not know where to start or stop!! I would be in a constant battle with body hair for the rest of my life to maintain. I couldnt possibley finish in one day, so this would be an endless circle of lather and blades...

Oh the itchy that I would be.....I couldnt do it, Im weak.

Its just the way Im built, why fight it and be miserable. Im no slob though and do trim accordingly. Luckly my wife enjoys it so...case closed.

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty