U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2008, 12:49 AM

1,875 posts, read 2,213,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
I feel exactly the same way. I revel in the differences between men's and women's bodies. Hair is one of those things that make men men. If they're as smooth as I am, that's a huge turn-off. If they have excessive body hair, like a back that looks like a rug, that's one thing and I understand the desire to shave, but a decent amount of body hair (arms, legs, chest, happy trail, etc. ) just looks manly, and that's sexy.
I strongly agree. More power to ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 04:24 PM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
I know man. I don't understand why people, especially women, are so hung on physical appearence. I would never shave for anyone. If women prefer shaved guys, then they must want men to look like little boys.
I wish there was an icon for LMFAO, because if anything posted in this thread would warrant it, this is it. Surely you jest?

FWIW, men are notorious for their hang ups on women's physical appearance, and I personally know men who would end a relationship if their gf would gain five pounds or cut her hair shorter. I don't know any woman who would dump her man if he refused to shave his sac.

Just look at want ads on singles/dating sites. Women are far more likely to list intangible attributes (successful, self-confident, intelligent, caring), while men seem to think they are ordering a shirt from a catalog (at least C cup, dress size only between 00-4, specific hair/eye/skin coloring, mani/pedi, etc.).

If a woman has a preconcieved notion as to the level of hirsuteness she can tolerate in her man, I don't think that is even close to the kind of physical scrutiny most men put their potential SOs under.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:39 PM

290 posts, read 984,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
Girls.

100+ years ago and earlier, everyone was fine with hairy men. No one complained about it.

Why now?

Is it all part of the feminist movement to tell men to shave their body hair? **** that, lol
Fantastic question dear! Let me pose a question to you....100 years ago, men were just fine with furry legs, underarms and bikini areas on women. So why now? Is it all some part of the chauvanist movement to tell women to get rid of body hair? Lol!

Old 07-21-2008, 07:42 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,213,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo Riley View Post
Fantastic question dear! Let me pose a question to you....100 years ago, men were just fine with furry legs, underarms and bikini areas on women. So why now? Is it all some part of the chauvanist movement to tell women to get rid of body hair? Lol!
As a guy, I have no problem if a girl has hair down there, slightly or excessivily. Its quite a shame that girls these days have the "little boy" syndrome for guys.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:53 PM

7,893 posts, read 12,143,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Waxing doesn't leave stubble.
How about products like Nair for Men? Anyone ever try that, or similar?

Old 07-21-2008, 07:57 PM

7,893 posts, read 12,143,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniirishgirl View Post
I like a guy who is clean and 'trimmed up' (everywhere). A hairy back, shoulders, ears or neck is a huge turn off!!! I like a man to have hair on his legs, otherwise I feel like he is a pre-pubescent little boy. Chest hair is great as long as the hairs don't tickle my nose when I have my head on his chest. Can't stand that.
I am thinking it might look odd to have a totally shaved back and a hairy chest, no?

Old 07-21-2008, 09:48 PM

5,070 posts, read 8,765,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
What a delightful thread.

I'm with a bunch of you in that I like quite a few styles of maintenance. But long hair down there is spooky. Makes me think think the man who doesn't at least trim may not wash. And how could you get things really clean?
Soap on front, shampoo on back.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:53 PM

5,070 posts, read 8,765,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes927 View Post
I have a pet peev about guys who wax their chest clean but have stubble on their face or facial hair. What kind of sense does that make?
Yeah, there is a type of electric shaver that shortens the beard to a uniform length. Why, I have no idea.

Old 07-24-2008, 04:59 PM

2 posts, read 8,193 times
I'm more of a trimmer guy myself. I don't get down with shaving my body, but if it gets out of control a good trim will do the trick. The marketing company I work for is doing a cool promotion for the new Schick Titanium Trimmer. If you go to [url]www.trimflixx.com[/url], you can get a free razor just for making a funny video. The trimmer is good for cleaning up any unwanted body or facial hair.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:05 AM

8,668 posts, read 19,914,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
I feel exactly the same way. I revel in the differences between men's and women's bodies. Hair is one of those things that make men men. If they're as smooth as I am, that's a huge turn-off. If they have excessive body hair, like a back that looks like a rug, that's one thing and I understand the desire to shave, but a decent amount of body hair (arms, legs, chest, happy trail, etc. ) just looks manly, and that's sexy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
I strongly agree. More power to ya.
Ditto. Hair on a man seems "masculine" to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty