U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2008, 05:47 AM

275 posts, read 805,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Do you shave your pits? I have asked my husband to shave his stinky pits but he wont. He has long ugly armpit hair, when he wears tank tops (muscle shirts) and we are eating there is that hairy monster peaking out of his pits at me.

Yes I do! I remove everything from the neck down smooth. Arm pits as well, Shaved! and after doing so the underarm odor deminished.

Last edited by Matt2225; 08-31-2008 at 06:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 03:09 PM

6,474 posts, read 13,410,318 times
Me too! Pelludo Y sexy. My DH shaves it all off. One of the guys I dated in past did the same. I personally like body hair, but they both say it's "cleaner" The only drawback is that I have to wax it all off because DH is totally against body hair. I think shaving is okay if that's what the guy likes, but I also like chest hair and adore hairy barbarians.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:24 PM

1 posts, read 6,403 times
Some guys can't grow a beard because it comes in kind of splotchy and thin. That's sort of the way my chest hair is- looks better gone altogether than what little there is. This summer I've shaved everything a Tshirt and pair of shorts would cover, but left my lower legs hairy. Not out of choice, mind you, but because my wife absolutely freaks out at the mention of shaving my legs. She wants to see hair when I wear shorts. She's grown to accept all the rest, though she doesn't understand or like it. This summer, being shaved and with a great tan, I've felt better about my body and had a better self image than ever before. I've started lifting weights, exercising, and losing weight. I would love to complete the package by shaving legs too, but it just causes to much conflict right now. I'm hoping when I get more built from the working out, my wife might be more open to the idea- but I doubt it. Any ideas for how to turn her thinking around?
Personally, I don't see any difference between shaving my whole body and shaving my face and neck.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:56 AM

275 posts, read 805,049 times
acer,

It took some time for my wife to except my body grooming. I don't remember the length of time, ie, months,ect... It seems it was a while before I went full body. Its just hair, it grows back. At least it isn't like getting a tatoo or body piercing that she my not like. Hair grows back. Check with her to see if the winter time would be time to shave off the leg hair. You would be in slacks or jeans most of the time. And if you don't like it you can grow it back for summer. Remember, continue to be nice to her about it.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:56 PM

102 posts, read 320,672 times
The only areas a guy should make hair free is back, shoulders and neck. The rest should stay natural, although trimming frontal torso is what I do sometimes.

I'm trying to get the hang of sugaring my own back hahaha.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:59 PM

1,915 posts, read 7,129,528 times
I shave my armpits, because the hair looks out of place, and it's a lot easier to apply deodorant, and sweat less without the hair.

Old 09-21-2008, 07:17 PM

25,343 posts, read 37,480,980 times
Some are so smoothly shaved I wonder how much time they spent on it?

Old 09-26-2008, 05:47 PM

7 posts, read 45,050 times
I'm new here. This is my first post. The first time I ever shaved my body was in college and I'll admit straight out that it was a kinky thing with a girl. I shaved my pubes and personally I rather liked it but, before long, I just got too self-conscious about it and let it grow back. Much later, I did it again a couple of times but always got too self-conscious about it again. I am very hairy by nature. Later I shaved my chest and stomach and naired my back. The Nair caused some skin discomfort as did the shaving. But as long as I only reshaved once a week, I was okay. But again, there is such a social stigma about it that I let it grow back within a few weeks.

I've at times shaved everything below the neck. It is mildly uncomfortable for about the first twenty-four hours. My skin tends to get a little irritated from shaving. But after that, it feels better without the hair and I only shave once a week but I'm very meticulous when I do. So its one day of very mild discomfort and six days that feel better than with all that hair. It's funny but I usually have a light beard. I can shave my body but I feel more comfortable with a short, soft beard.

Of course, there is always that social stigma about men shaving their bodies where its the norm for women. Also, I find some clothing feels great when shaved and some feels horrible. Men's clothes are not exactly designed for shaving. I'm hoping I don't chicken out this coming summer and let the hair grow back, at least not on the upper body. That initial process of removal is always such a pain but most of the people I know are not at the peak of social enlightenment. Shaving for men is not exactly on their agenda.

Like you, I find that if women notice it, they generally think its much better this way. Men tend to think its weird like, "What's wrong with you?" There's an attitude that 'real men' wouldn't do that. I personally think it makes me look better, makes the muscles show more and just generally looks nicer and the sense of touch, sensually and otherwise, is magnified a hundred times for the better.

With the thick hair I have by nature, the sense of touch is muted. Now, there are times when I like growing it back and it feels like a nice, soft covering. So I experience the enjoyment of both shaved and hairy. But I want to get past the social stigma and spend a more equal amount of time shaved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
I'm curious as to what your opinions are about men shaving their body hair. I am normally hairy, but I recently shaved all my body hair for the first time, for a photo shoot for a friends clothing company modeling shorts.

I've gotton mixed reactions from people about it. Some people react like it's great that I did it, they've said things like "Why don't more guys do that?" or "That looks so much better and cleaner."

Others have looked at me with an expression of confusion, "Why did you do that?", "I would never do that to myself." etc. It seems that women like it, and men react to it like it's wierd or unnatural. Some people even seem to think that only gay men shave thier bodies, however I am not gay.

Personally, I think it's much cleaner and better looking. It seems like women are more attracted to it too. I've also realized that when it's hot outside, having all that extra body hair just feels warm, sticky and nasty. I might just keep on shaving it.

So what is you alls opinion on this? It seems like there's a certain stigma in our society that "real men" don't do it. Thanks

Old 09-26-2008, 06:10 PM

7,893 posts, read 12,146,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Eskridge View Post
I'll tell you something... Shaving the hair off your body (as a man) feels AMAZING.

It's the absolute BEST sex you'll ever have IF you can find a cool woman who is into this sort of thing...

Take the sensation you feel (as a hairy man) multiply that by 50 and you'll have an idea of how GOOD it feels.

If your too uptight to understand that, well then good luck to ya because your missing out on one of the best FREE thrills in life.

Male Body Shaving is NOT GAY, (Not that there is anything wrong with being gay) but it's STUPID to assume that a guy who shaves his Arms and Legs is GAY.

I'm very happily married, my wife and I have had the BEST SEX of our lives since I started body shaving. It's AMAZING!! We are both SO HAPPY with my new smooth body and our marriage is so much stronger now that I do it.

If you can't relate to that then go bury your head in the sand and pray another Republican get's elected...lol LIKE THATS GOING TO HAPPEN!! Ha Ha.
I would be willing, now if I could just get HER to do it. All I ever get is, "It itches too much".

Old 09-26-2008, 06:16 PM

7 posts, read 45,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
You're going to itch like crazy when it starts growing back.....
Personally, from having gone through this several times, the infamous itching phase only lasts a few days and isn't that bad except the first time you go through it. Of course, if he never grows it back, he won't have to worry about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty