U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2008, 06:04 PM

275 posts, read 804,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itAll View Post
I am bisexual currently in a hetero-monogamous relationship. You can imagine that I have seen and done a lot in my lifestyle. I have been shaving for years. Belly, genitals and other unseen areas. Pretty much everything but my forearms and legs (which may come in the future). I recently started shaving under my arms. For a while I was worried I may have some kind of mental problem like in that episode of Seinfeld where Jerry can't stop shaving (that was pretty funny); But eventually I realized that the reason I do it is because I like it. It doesn't matter what the woman thinks about it. If she doesn't like it then perhaps she should move on. If she isn't that concerned then she should say so.
It is a matter of personal preference. "Do what feels good" is my motto!
Bye the way; I find that my girlfriend, after realizing that I shave, is all for it. It feels great when she gives me rub downs and stuff. It offers an extra boost of sensuality too.

Right on man! Gotta agree with you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 09:27 AM

1 posts, read 5,074 times
Default Why women want hairless men.

looking at this question objectively and asking the question: why are some women attracted to hairless men? One might step back and assess what types of adult males are naturally hairless among the African-American / Caucasian-American population. The result is that there are no adult males which are naturally hairless. This then begs the questions, to what are these women truly attracted that they are requiring their partners' body modification? What are these women attempting to metamorphose these men into? Women instinctively have an inborn desire to have children. In the western, industrialized, and specifically North American societies, emphasis has been taken off of the necessity of family and reproduction. Since affection may manifest in a multitude of ways, it may be that women are attempting to kill two proverbial birds with one proverbial stone, as it were: the desire to have a (smooth to the touch, and curvy) baby and the desire to have a young man who possesses no threat. Which brings on to the second reason women may be attracted to hairless men. Hairy, large, bulky men denote power and masculinity, whereas thinness, curvy, smooth denote femininity and weakness. Since the role of women has been changing from the 1960's to the present and becoming more aggressive, they need to feel more powerful by uniting with or demanding (by way of selecting a desirable mate) that their men be hairless, thin, and curvy. This seems to be an accurate description of the cause for this phenomenon.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:58 PM

18 posts, read 60,004 times
no hair.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:15 PM

123 posts, read 246,363 times
Well, from my point of view, I enjoy a man who has a healthy amount of hair. I love a man with a good beard and some chest hair, lol ;-). Back hair doesn't bother me, same with arms, legs, or underarms. Down "below" I have had enough from both sides to know it doesn't matter to me. Sure, not having to stop ;-) for pulling a hair out is nice, but not a requirement. If I like you enough to go and do "that" then I will not mind how you are. I am only 25 so still fairly young and I have noticed the guys getting all these shaving and laser treatments that make me go: hmmmmmm.
I don't care for it and I'll most likely get married to a hairy man, but its all personal preference, to each their own.
So, to all you hairy men out there: Stay the way you are, cuz there are still enough women out there that like her man to have some hair!

LOL

Last edited by germanrose20; 01-29-2009 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: darn grammar...lol

Old 01-30-2009, 10:20 AM

3,388 posts, read 5,541,016 times
I HATE bodily hair. It's gross, IMO. Men and women need is GONE, lol.

The only hair I like on men is head hair, eyebrows, eyelashes, *maybe* facial hair (stashe, or beard, PROPERLY kept); and the "happy trail" on the belly, and maybe leg hair. Arms, back, chest, and butt hair GOTTA GO!

Old 01-30-2009, 10:23 AM

3,388 posts, read 5,541,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fionnlagh View Post
looking at this question objectively and asking the question: why are some women attracted to hairless men? One might step back and assess what types of adult males are naturally hairless among the African-American / Caucasian-American population. The result is that there are no adult males which are naturally hairless. This then begs the questions, to what are these women truly attracted that they are requiring their partners' body modification? What are these women attempting to metamorphose these men into? Women instinctively have an inborn desire to have children. In the western, industrialized, and specifically North American societies, emphasis has been taken off of the necessity of family and reproduction. Since affection may manifest in a multitude of ways, it may be that women are attempting to kill two proverbial birds with one proverbial stone, as it were: the desire to have a (smooth to the touch, and curvy) baby and the desire to have a young man who possesses no threat. Which brings on to the second reason women may be attracted to hairless men. Hairy, large, bulky men denote power and masculinity, whereas thinness, curvy, smooth denote femininity and weakness. Since the role of women has been changing from the 1960's to the present and becoming more aggressive, they need to feel more powerful by uniting with or demanding (by way of selecting a desirable mate) that their men be hairless, thin, and curvy. This seems to be an accurate description of the cause for this phenomenon.
Native American peoples generally have less body hair, and do many other cultures. It just depends on your preference.

For me, it's me being attracted to people that share my background and ethnic group. (I am 1/3 Native, BTW)

Old 02-02-2009, 08:32 AM

19,022 posts, read 24,673,685 times
I get my chest, back, hands and legs shaved once in 10 days. I even found this cool device on amazon which will help you reach to the middle of your backbone, it's got this long handle.

One of the primary reasons is that I've found it gross to have hair popping out when I work out in the Y. Presence of hair clearly masks the calf muscles, triceps and the muscles in the fore-arm. They also pop out of V-necks.

Another reason to do away with chest hair is that the rosary and other crucifix pendants I have around my neck often pull hair once in a while and it stings like a bee.

I've heard of folks who call it gay. I simply don't care. It's a personal choice.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:22 PM

727 posts, read 1,650,644 times
I get waxed every two weeks underarms,forearms and stomach.....I do not like being hairy!! ANd I'm 100% straight.............lol

Old 02-02-2009, 08:16 PM

2,579 posts, read 4,780,778 times
Personally, I find hairlessness to be freaky. It's downright creepy.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:35 PM

19,022 posts, read 24,673,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarqueseGilmore View Post
I get waxed every two weeks underarms,forearms and stomach.....I do not like being hairy!! ANd I'm 100% straight.............lol
Man, isn't it painful?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty