U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 08:55 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,807,443 times

Advertisements

I am hairy, but I don't shave my body hair other than facial. I see no reason to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 09:02 PM

6,044 posts, read 21,125,101 times
I dated a guy who shaved his body hair; the stubble was annoying to me. I am fine with a man's body hair unless he is really hairy. And if he's really hairy, I would do waxing, depilitory, or laser treatments.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:02 PM

292 posts, read 876,791 times
I started doing the electric clipper thing a year or so ago with the shortest comb. It leaves a slight "peach fuzz" over my body and looks acceptable. It only requires once a month maintenance. And yes I'm a male.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:58 PM

2,267 posts, read 2,374,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
I am hairy, but I don't shave my body hair other than facial. I see no reason to do so.

I geuss I have to paint you a picture...getting hair in my mouth makes me gag...enough said.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:24 AM

2,349 posts, read 9,493,282 times
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaha ROFLROFL

Old 07-10-2007, 06:51 AM

607 posts, read 3,258,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
I geuss I have to paint you a picture...getting hair in my mouth makes me gag...enough said.

So many jokes....................yet..................so many moderators

Old 07-10-2007, 07:07 AM

29,615 posts, read 65,640,395 times
To answer your question, I'm a 20-year-old male who likewise shaves off most of his body hair. I'm an Italian and German mutt, so if I didn't do so, I'd be like "Wolf Boy" otherwise. Blech! LOL!

I shave my underarms because I notice that without a huge mop of hair under there, my deodorant is able to apply itself better and directly to my skin, and I don't sweat as much as a result. I shave my chest, abs, and back because I'm working on toning myself up, and as another reply mentioned, hair hides muscle definition (I already have my 2-pack; wish my luck on that full 6-pack!) I don't shave my legs or arms though---it just looks too unnatural to me. As far as the "family jewels" are concerned, I usually keep them trimmed very close to my skin, but the other day I just decided out of sheer curiosity to shave it off completely. This was the worst mistake I've ever made in my life! My skin down there is now all irritated, itchy, and stubbly as the hair is starting to grow back, and I find myself practically gritting my teeth to avoid scratching in public now.

In the future, I may turn to waxing and/or the laser for easier hair removal. I happen to like the look of my mid-section with definition and no hair, but it does make me look asymmetric with my very hairy calves and arms attached to a hairless torso.

In any event, I need to figure out a better long-term solution soon, as I'm courting a new prospective mate who isn't into any body hair at all. With all of the gifted scientific researchers we have out there who have already determined ways to replace lost hair long-term, why can't they develop a method to likewise remove hair long-term? I'd be willing to pay upwards of $1,000 for such a treatment if and when it were to become available!

Old 07-10-2007, 07:09 AM

29,615 posts, read 65,640,395 times
By the way, judging by the locker room at my alma mater, most teenaged and twenty-something guys in my community shaved and/or trimmed much of the body hair on their torsos, arms, and legs. I'd say it's not as uncommon practice as you would think, so don't by any means feel like you're a "freak."

For what it's worth, I'm a gay male (and live up to that stereotype about removing the body hair), but all of my friends are straight males who do the same thing, so it's NOT solely a "gay" issue.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:25 AM

13,374 posts, read 40,148,217 times
I've been to the salon for various waxing visits, and the people there say they wax all sorts of guys, gay or hetero, young or older.
My hairy sons, 18 and 24, are not really interested in removing body hair, but they are, while hirsute, quite fair-haired.
I never thought about the asymmetrical thing: my husband's arms/legs are like Robin Williams' yet the rest of him isn't hairy at all--but on him, it somewhat balances out, upper and lower.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:34 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,807,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
I love you, too.

I am a man, and I prefer to keep it that way, thank you very much. I'm not trying to please everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty