U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2012, 07:56 PM

4,338 posts, read 6,387,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
I feel more like a man with my chest, leg, arm hairs. Forget shaving any of those areas!
What about hair on thighs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 10:28 PM

1,263 posts, read 882,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
What about hair on thighs?
I have a lot on my rump, thighs, shins, calves...even the top of my feet and top of my toes. My chest and arms are loaded and I also have a very thick beard. I'm one of those guys who has quite a bit on the back of my hands and knuckles too. Google Image Result for http://tragicspinster.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/samelliot-lifeguard.jpg

Old 02-24-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
It is great that you like manly man.
Not a "manly man". It's just a "man" for me. We all should look the same if young ones weren't screwing around!

Old 02-25-2012, 12:17 AM

14,752 posts, read 27,525,279 times
Don't shave except my face ... and keep sideburns at mid-length.

What I don't understand is those serious cyclist dudes who shave their legs, making them almost like shiny or waxed. Why? I wouldn't do that. How much extra speed will that give you?

Old 02-25-2012, 12:39 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 8,393,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you grow to like what you can get. a woman doesnt really want a hairy guy, but some guys are unwilling to shave so the women must grow to accept that.
Not true at all. I could never grow to like a man who shaves his chest or pubic area. I love my sexy hairy man.

Old 02-25-2012, 07:35 PM

15,229 posts, read 23,756,652 times
Quote:
I have a more then average hairy chest and I like it. Men have told me to shave it, why?

beats me??? I feel the same way.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
beats me??? I feel the same way.
You get told this also?

Old 02-26-2012, 12:08 AM

Quote:
You get told this also?
I get told that by mostly women trying to "metro" me. That's not all they try to steal/take from me. I'm one of a kind!

Old 02-26-2012, 12:48 AM

5,721 posts, read 5,238,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
I'm curious as to what your opinions are about men shaving their body hair. I am normally hairy, but I recently shaved all my body hair for the first time, for a photo shoot for a friends clothing company modeling shorts.

I've gotton mixed reactions from people about it. Some people react like it's great that I did it, they've said things like "Why don't more guys do that?" or "That looks so much better and cleaner."

Others have looked at me with an expression of confusion, "Why did you do that?", "I would never do that to myself." etc. It seems that women like it, and men react to it like it's wierd or unnatural. Some people even seem to think that only gay men shave thier bodies, however I am not gay.

Personally, I think it's much cleaner and better looking. It seems like women are more attracted to it too. I've also realized that when it's hot outside, having all that extra body hair just feels warm, sticky and nasty. I might just keep on shaving it.

So what is you alls opinion on this? It seems like there's a certain stigma in our society that "real men" don't do it. Thanks
I'm a hairy gay man... I find body hair on men attractive. Trimming doesn't offend me but when guys go overboard I find it gross. Like I think my back hair is disgusting and I get rid of it, I also trim the armpit hair. But my chest hair I find sexy and I always leave shirts unbuttoned. We are MEN, nothing wrong with owning that instead of being ashamed of it.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
I get told that by mostly women trying to "metro" me. That's not all they try to steal/take from me. I'm one of a kind!
I have never been told to get rid of my hair. Do you like in a big 'metro' city?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty