U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 10:04 PM

69 posts, read 52,446 times

Advertisements

I LOVE hairy guys, the happy trail is my favorite!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 10:01 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,529,842 times
I do however shave my underarms. But that's only in summer as it feels more comfortable.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:03 AM

2,482 posts, read 2,610,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petewhim View Post
Hair is ugly on anyone....I started shaving a couple of decades ago and it feels much better and looks great ! I shave all over except "The other side"...I shave even my eyebrows off ! yes, they get so bushy it makes me look older than I am.....most women i know shave also, so not an issue.
I just use Gillette Mach 3 and Gillette Satin Care foam. It is for lady use, but I use it to avoid nicks..
Regular foam I cut myself.

Pete
I feel pretty much the same way, I wouldn't go as far as shaving my eyebrows but I do trim them because they get bushy and I don't like that. As far as thr rest I agree, I don't like hair anywhere else except on the head. I really like women with no hair anywhere but their head, there I like long hair, I love women with long hair, this is nothing new to me, it was like that when I was a younster and it still is that way today and 20 years from now it will still be that way. I like the hairless look.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:52 AM

2,828 posts, read 3,444,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petewhim View Post
Hair is ugly on anyone....I started shaving a couple of decades ago and it feels much better and looks great ! I shave all over except "The other side"...I shave even my eyebrows off ! yes, they get so bushy it makes me look older than I am.....most women i know shave also, so not an issue.
I just use Gillette Mach 3 and Gillette Satin Care foam. It is for lady use, but I use it to avoid nicks..
Regular foam I cut myself.

Pete
Is this supposed to be your lower back? Doesn't it seem strange that you are shaved clean all over except back there?

Old 05-26-2015, 10:29 AM

223 posts, read 247,537 times
I don't care are hair in other parts as long as the man shaves in *that* area.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:46 PM

4,549 posts, read 3,505,744 times
I am iffy. I think I prefer groomed hair, rather than hairless. Hairless just looks too "pretty." But trim and neat, sure.

But it depends on the man. Some can pull off hair. On others, it looks gross. lol

Old 05-28-2015, 03:52 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,886,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
I geuss I have to paint you a picture...getting hair in my mouth makes me gag...enough said.
to which I can only reply, "not my problem". I think this whole phenomenon of body hair being "unclean" or undesireable is neurotic and was manipulated by the fashion police and big business. If a potential date or romantic partner suggested I shave my body hair, they would be out the door. This whole concept that the perfect man (or woman for that matter) is some prepubescent image of an adult is bizarre.

Old 05-28-2015, 04:41 AM

4,424 posts, read 5,208,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
to which I can only reply, "not my problem". I think this whole phenomenon of body hair being "unclean" or undesireable is neurotic and was manipulated by the fashion police and big business. If a potential date or romantic partner suggested I shave my body hair, they would be out the door. This whole concept that the perfect man (or woman for that matter) is some prepubescent image of an adult is bizarre.
after 8 years i highly doubt shes worried about it

Old 05-28-2015, 07:38 AM

2,298 posts, read 1,671,042 times
I think some women also prefer a more clean shaven look even on the body, not super hairy. I dont think its weird to do it, just not as common especially to other men who would find it strange. It also means more maintenance, as you will need to shave regularly.

Old 05-29-2015, 03:23 PM

2,775 posts, read 2,582,273 times
As a guy, I think it's too much work to maintain and ultimately it is a waste of time. The hair literally doesn't hurt anything, and it serves to protect. Why remove it? To look younger? (FYI that's futile) It makes no sense from the practical standpoint for the vast majority of people. I pluck or shave the occasional stray hair, that's pretty much it (and yes, as I've gotten older, this has become a nuisance, but I only do this a handful of times each year, spending perhaps 30 seconds to a minute). Some consider me lucky that my body hair pattern is light vs heavy, but seriously, if I was a guy with a torso coat of hair, I would just embrace it.

FYI - laser hair removal is painful and a process which requires a few visits. I have seen a partner go through it to thin out the hair in her pubic region. Ultimately was it worth it? No, not at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty