U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 11:36 AM

13,050 posts, read 21,175,320 times

Advertisements

I dated a guy who must have been extremely insecure about his body hair...look up the word hirsute in the dictionary and you'll find a picture of him there. Like DCNative, he's also Mediterranean. All of the men I have dated/been involved with had minimal body hair because I believe that was one of the qualities that attracted me physically, so this guy was an exception to the rule..but I digress...he shaved his shoulders and top of his chest so tufts of fur would not peek out of his t-shirt when he wore one. Seeing/feeling the stubble on a man's shoulders is about as icky as I can imagine. Huge turn off. I would have been happier if he would have been "au naturel", but he was a bit of a "groomer" in more ways than one.

I think the relationship took a turn for the worse when, while he was admiring my pet chihuahua, I mentioned that a buddy of mine told me that animals feel a natural attraction for other "furry friends". I could see that he took this comment as an insult instead of a lighthearted quip. A shame about his insecurities - aside from them he was pretty nearly perfectly "the one" I was looking for.

As a woman, I would recommend that you leave what mother nature intended, unless you are meticulous about stubble control. I think DCNative's perspective on this thread is spot on - whatever cards you're dealt in life, play those cards! If you try to pull a David Blaine with your cards people will eventually figure it out and move on to the next one. In this case, there are probably as many women who are into hairy as are not into hairy, so if you are, then find someone who is ok with that instead of trying to make the square peg fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 11:57 AM

2,349 posts, read 9,498,983 times
Lisa Momof2 and DC you guys are SOOO funny. This is turning out to be one of our funniest threads! Thanks for the laughs!

Old 07-10-2007, 12:12 PM

3,798 posts, read 6,029,179 times
Yeah my husband started using the clippers on the lowest setting and I've been designated as his "assistant" But I don't mind helping him out for those not so easy to reach places.

With hair, without hair, I don't mind either way. It's his body and whatever he's comfortable with I'm OK with too.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:58 PM

186 posts, read 273,045 times
When I was in High School I was waiting for the day I would grow chest hair and a full mustache and beard. I am a little over 30 and I am still waiting for it.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:49 PM

2,267 posts, read 2,380,027 times
I dated a guy one time who was of Mexican heritage...his hair in that special place was like those silver brillo pads you scrub your pots and pans with...honestly I think you could have cut glass with it.

I told him...get that under control...thats WAY too much. When its so LONG it hides the giblets then its time to trim it down, get a macheti and beat it back...otherwise don't complain if no one wants to get up close and personal with your brillo pad.

DC_native = DUH...lol

Old 07-10-2007, 03:17 PM

13,374 posts, read 40,172,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I

I think DCNative's perspective on this thread is spot on - whatever cards you're dealt in life, play those cards! If you try to pull a David Blaine with your cards people will eventually figure it out and move on to the next one. In this case, there are probably as many women who are into hairy as are not into hairy, so if you are, then find someone who is ok with that instead of trying to make the square peg fit.
I certainly agree, and dated both hairy and unhairy before I married mildly hairy.
It's what's *under* the hair that counts.
However, I don't get too threatened by fashions and fads--because that's all they are. We can partake--or not.
Messing with what mother nature intended can be okay in moderation.
I am never going to be botoxed or facelifted, but I sure am glad I wore braces and got my tubes tied.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:33 PM

11,030 posts, read 18,115,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
There is another area of a mans body I prefer to be clipped close, not shaved...in fact I insist...wink, wink, nod, nod.
which I do shave,Its cleaner, looks better and nicer for the woman which over all they have always made favorable compliments about it which led to my benefit.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:47 PM

5,019 posts, read 12,474,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
which I do shave,Its cleaner, looks better and nicer for the woman which over all they have always made favorable compliments about it which led to my benefit.
I've heard that it makes you, ahem, look bigger too.

Personally, as a cyclist, I only date guys with shaved legs. Personal preference.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:38 PM

17,167 posts, read 22,195,062 times
im an appreciative man, if im lucky enough to make it to the promise land,(on a woman) im not fussy about the terrain,,whether its a landing strip, a jungle, or a desert,

Old 07-10-2007, 08:25 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,809,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
im an appreciative man, if im lucky enough to make it to the promise land,(on a woman) im not fussy about the terrain,,whether its a landing strip, a jungle, or a desert,
I'm not fussy either, and I expect the same flexibility from women. *looks at every one of you women*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty