U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 01:21 PM

1 posts, read 9,221 times

Advertisements

Just shaved my chest a few hours ago after a few hours of thinking about it. Im 24 and its the first time I've ever shaved it (before I would just trim it with a scissors). I have to say that I hate the way it looks now. I will never shave it again. It just looks so bare and I now realise that it made me look like much more of a man. Shaving your chest hair gives you more of a womans body. Also its itchy as hell. I've applied loads of moisturising cream and an antihistmaine cream called Eurax (contains cromatiton) to try to relieve the itchiness. Hopefully I'll get some of that hair back soon within the next few weeks before I go on holiday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2007, 01:25 PM

3,434 posts, read 8,795,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdoitplease View Post
Just shaved my chest a few hours ago after a few hours of thinking about it. Im 24 and its the first time I've ever shaved it (before I would just trim it with a scissors). I have to say that I hate the way it looks now. I will never shave it again. It just looks so bare and I now realise that it made me look like much more of a man. Shaving your chest hair gives you more of a womans body. Also its itchy as hell. I've applied loads of moisturising cream and an antihistmaine cream called Eurax (contains cromatiton) to try to relieve the itchiness. Hopefully I'll get some of that hair back soon within the next few weeks before I go on holiday.
seriously, after you shave your chest, use rubbing alcohol, burns for a min, then no problems. I havent had chest hair in 10 years, yes on purpose-lol. mach 3 works gr8!

Old 08-08-2007, 10:54 AM

702 posts, read 2,832,815 times
I watched an episode of BIG BROTHER on TV and one of the people was a doctor. He shaved his armpits. Of course, they talked about it and he said that he felt it was a matter of hygiene and that once you try it you will always want to keep those pits shaved. I tried it and have shaved my armpits ever since. I shave them about once a week in the shower. I have noticed that deodorant really lasts much longer because the deodorant ends up on the skin and not hanging on the hair where it does no good.

OK, I'm done giving away my personal secret. You will have to guess if I shave anywhere else. Ha

Old 08-08-2007, 11:33 AM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
I know of whom you speak - Dr. Will is an over-the-top OCD sufferer.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:54 PM

702 posts, read 2,832,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I know of whom you speak - Dr. Will is an over-the-top OCD sufferer.

Does that mean that I am obsessive compulsive also?

Old 08-08-2007, 02:58 PM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
If the shoe doesn't fit why try wearing it?

Old 08-10-2007, 04:14 AM

404 posts, read 513,476 times
I hear it come back thicker.

I used to shave certain areas, like the face and beard when I was living with someone, but recently, I've had not reason too.

Old 08-13-2007, 03:29 PM

123 posts, read 495,185 times
My BF shaves his.. sometimes he slacks in it so it grows in and never bothers me, he doesn't have a lot to begin with. But that is his preference and is how he feels better...
It is all a matter of personal taste. I see nothing wrong with it

Old 08-26-2007, 01:57 PM

2,408 posts, read 13,149,758 times
Aha! I knew this thread was around here somewhere.

I think I responded earlier in this thread, but either way, so far as body hair is concerned, I usually trim some parts and go natural in others but rarely ever shave all the way down, although I have done so in the past just to see how it would look but didn't like it. Well, a few weeks ago in the middle of a particularly brutal heat wave, I decided on a whim to shave my armpits. I know a lot of guys who do, particularly those who are into fitness, but for whatever reason, I had always just let mine be. Well, I think that I am now a convert. In my opinion, it feels so much nicer, looks better and I sweat less. Thumbs up all around! I don't think I'll ever completely shave them again but will definitely keep up with trimming maybe once every couple of weeks.

Just felt like sharing.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:44 PM

1 posts, read 8,991 times
Actually went and shaved my arms (hmm, weird) and even though it feels kind of cool I think I am going to let it come back, but this time I will just trim it. My arm and leg hair is pretty long (not really thick or dark, but long) so I normally like to trim it down to a more normal length, but this time I shaved my arms. (I do trim the pits and the area down under, I think it not only looks better but feels good too)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty