U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2007, 03:32 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,138,947 times

Advertisements

IMHO, guys shaving any of their body hair is unappealing in every way. Most of my girl friends, I've found, feel the same way. I met a guy once and started hanging out with him, it was the summer and one time he came over wearing a sleeveless top. I noticed his armpits were completely shaved, and when I inquired about this, he said he shaved EVERYTHING. That was it, complete turn-off. I told my friends about this and there was a collective high-pitched "Eeeewwwwwwwww!" It's just gross, I like my men au naturel, and not spending that much time grooming themselves, please. A quick shower and a run of fingers through the hair should suffice. No metrosexuals or male models, thank you very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 08:57 AM

25,573 posts, read 23,766,561 times
I cant understand guys shaving armpits or legs, but there are some men out there who look like like Plante of the Apes and you can see just by looking at their arms or if theyre wearing a shirt where you can see a preview of their neck, chest and back. Some may like 'over-hairy' men but to me, its YIKES!!!

Old 09-07-2007, 09:09 AM

11,019 posts, read 18,106,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary
There is another area of a mans body I prefer to be clipped close, not shaved...in fact I insist...wink, wink, nod, nod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking
which I do shave,Its cleaner, looks better and nicer for the woman which over all they have always made favorable compliments about it which led to my benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
I've heard that it makes you, ahem, look bigger too.

Personally, as a cyclist, I only date guys with shaved legs. Personal preference.
well huh,maybe don't know about that,not that I need to worry about such things but ugh,if true then again....adds to my benefit eh?

Old 09-07-2007, 09:09 AM

6,739 posts, read 8,540,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
I cant understand guys shaving armpits or legs, but there are some men out there who look like like Plante of the Apes and you can see just by looking at their arms or if theyre wearing a shirt where you can see a preview of their neck, chest and back. Some may like 'over-hairy' men but to me, its YIKES!!!
ah you described my ex to a T -

Some hair is cool - not gorilla type tho.

I've never been with a shaving man, so I can't really say much about it. I guess it's just a personal thing...

Old 09-07-2007, 11:22 AM

25,573 posts, read 23,766,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
How about this?

Oh.....my......GAWD!!! There went my breakfast. Im gonna be having nightmares now for the next MONTH!!

And by the way, plaidmom, about the coment on men trimming in 'personal' areas, that isnt always necessary, at least for those who already are 'gifted'. And I've heard that said, too, so there must be something about it.

(oops, did I just say that?)

Old 09-07-2007, 11:25 AM

6,739 posts, read 8,540,895 times
Oh My goodness - Those hairy back pics brought back memories. Bad ones, I might add!!!!!!!

On a good note, hairy back men can keep you warm on those cold nites. Just watch out - when they shed!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-07-2007, 03:35 PM

1,489 posts, read 7,966,122 times
Im lucky. I don't have much body hair at all to shave. I didnt have to start shaving my beard until I was 21 or so. I think us Southern men tend to be less hairy in general, than northern men.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:24 PM

3,774 posts, read 9,896,253 times
"Grass don't grow on a playground." I never had much in the way of body hair, except for the heavy beard and medium stuff on my legs. As a guy, it never affected me one way or the other. I had a partner who looked like a gorilla without a T-shirt, but I noticed that he attracted more than his fair share of girls back when. We lived in a 4-plex facing another one, and he was making time with three girls out of 7 other apartments. My hero. LOL.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:11 PM

22,974 posts, read 57,222,084 times
can men have lazer hair removal like for the face or will it scar the tissue or do they have to course of hair for such procedure?

Old 09-25-2007, 07:08 PM

979 posts, read 3,485,618 times
Ok I wish I had time to read all 8 pages of opinions but I don't so if I repeat anyone, sorry. I have to comment just because I am so adament about this subject. As a woman in her mid 20's I think it is extremely important for a man to WAX if he chooses to get rid of the hair. I actually do not mind a little tuft on the chest or maybe just a tad bit more (no problem). Back hair (obviously) we all pretty much dislike. Just like men prefer no stubble on a woman I definitely feel the same about men. It just grosses me out. More and more young women get their brazilian waxes and what have you to stay nice and smooth.... why not get the men to come around too???????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty