U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2007, 07:49 AM

455 posts, read 1,328,225 times

Advertisements

IMO waxing is the way to go. I started getting my eyebrows waxed (just to clean up the lines a bit) a few months ago, and enjoy the way it looks. I've been thinking about getting my back done, not that I have a carpet, but a few thin patches with longish hair (straight, not curly... strange) and it's just more annoying to me than really for vanities sake.

I don't really understand what the bit issue is with it supposedly hurting to wax. Maybe I'm just weird and like a little pain ;-)

I had shaved everything when I was back in high school and was on the swim team, from my head to my toes, and it was the weirdest feeling wearing jeans without the hair...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 08:48 PM

618 posts, read 1,466,287 times
I personally think it's silly to see men with their legs shaved

Old 09-29-2007, 11:03 AM

5,073 posts, read 4,138,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldpolkadots View Post
I personally think it's silly to see men with their legs shaved
^^^Agreed.
Or armpits, or anywhere really...Unless it's such a major problem that he looks like he's wearing a fur sweater vest. Then perhaps it's time to throw in the towel and wax the ol' back.

Old 09-29-2007, 07:01 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,978,274 times
I like my Hubby nice and hairy! He'd look wierd without it. Men are supposed to have chest hair, hairy arms.....and hairy backs as they get older!!!

Old 09-30-2007, 11:54 PM

95 posts, read 586,771 times
A lot of men at my gym shave their body hair and I think it looks odd. I suppose if a man is very hairy, it's better to shave or wax, but for most, it's not a good look. I make fun of my trainer when his legs are smoother than mine

Old 10-02-2007, 01:37 AM

45 posts, read 169,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
To answer your question, I'm a 20-year-old male who likewise shaves off most of his body hair. I'm an Italian and German mutt, so if I didn't do so, I'd be like "Wolf Boy" otherwise. Blech! LOL!

I shave my underarms because I notice that without a huge mop of hair under there, my deodorant is able to apply itself better and directly to my skin, and I don't sweat as much as a result. I shave my chest, abs, and back because I'm working on toning myself up, and as another reply mentioned, hair hides muscle definition (I already have my 2-pack; wish my luck on that full 6-pack!) I don't shave my legs or arms though---it just looks too unnatural to me. As far as the "family jewels" are concerned, I usually keep them trimmed very close to my skin, but the other day I just decided out of sheer curiosity to shave it off completely. This was the worst mistake I've ever made in my life! My skin down there is now all irritated, itchy, and stubbly as the hair is starting to grow back, and I find myself practically gritting my teeth to avoid scratching in public now.

In the future, I may turn to waxing and/or the laser for easier hair removal. I happen to like the look of my mid-section with definition and no hair, but it does make me look asymmetric with my very hairy calves and arms attached to a hairless torso.

In any event, I need to figure out a better long-term solution soon, as I'm courting a new prospective mate who isn't into any body hair at all. With all of the gifted scientific researchers we have out there who have already determined ways to replace lost hair long-term, why can't they develop a method to likewise remove hair long-term? I'd be willing to pay upwards of $1,000 for such a treatment if and when it were to become available!
Hey, Not sure this help! you might want to take a look at this link which highlighted some shaving tips! Man Fashion: Man Daily Skin Care Tips: Shaving

Old 10-03-2007, 07:38 PM

45 posts, read 169,156 times
Hi ScrantonWilkesBarre, The link should be here

Old 10-07-2007, 01:44 AM

2,546 posts, read 5,928,881 times
I think a hairy chest looks kinda gross. I prefer the shaved chest look! Much sexier!

Old 10-08-2007, 09:23 AM

10 posts, read 32,586 times
I like a guy who is clean and 'trimmed up' (everywhere). A hairy back, shoulders, ears or neck is a huge turn off!!! I like a man to have hair on his legs, otherwise I feel like he is a pre-pubescent little boy. Chest hair is great as long as the hairs don't tickle my nose when I have my head on his chest. Can't stand that.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:39 PM

15 posts, read 72,313 times
Personally there's nothing sexier than a man with chest hair. I like a man to be natural. I can take trimming but not removing. A man that shaves his body is annoying to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty