U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2010, 03:53 PM

25,907 posts, read 34,989,441 times

Advertisements

If you do like the Ugg style but don't want to pay $100+ for boots, I recommend these from Target. My daughters have these. My younger daughter has had the brown ones since last year, and they are as good as new (although a little worn-looking). She just got the grey ones (grey seems to be a big color this season), and my older daughter has the black. They have a decently rugged sole on them, and they do fine in the snow.

Women's Xhilaration® Kendra Suede Boots - Tan : Target

They get good reviews.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 07:10 PM

3,432 posts, read 3,269,189 times
Those boots are ugly.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:27 PM

35,818 posts, read 39,375,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
If you do like the Ugg style but don't want to pay $100+ for boots, I recommend these from Target. My daughters have these. My younger daughter has had the brown ones since last year, and they are as good as new (although a little worn-looking). She just got the grey ones (grey seems to be a big color this season), and my older daughter has the black. They have a decently rugged sole on them, and they do fine in the snow.

Women's Xhilaration® Kendra Suede Boots - Tan : Target

They get good reviews.
My coworkers swear by the Bearpaw ones that are identically styled...but the Target ones are even cheaper.

I have a pair of Bearpaws in a non-Ugg-like style, and really like them, for the warmth, due to the shearling lining.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:59 PM

25,907 posts, read 34,989,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
My coworkers swear by the Bearpaw ones that are identically styled...but the Target ones are even cheaper.

I have a pair of Bearpaws in a non-Ugg-like style, and really like them, for the warmth, due to the shearling lining.
How are the soles? Sturdy?

Old 11-16-2010, 03:41 PM

4,551 posts, read 9,865,007 times
I'm in my 40's and I just got a pair of Uggs and I'm liking them for casual stuff like dog walking and getting cappaccino They look super cute with skinny jeans so they tuck in easy and because I don't have to wear socks it just seems so quick and easy to put them on plus they are warm since I live in northern NH.

I also have some over the knee brown boots with flat heels and cool tassles, some over the knee black boots that are high heels, several very nice cowboy boots that I wear either under boot cut jeans or over leggings or skinny jeans, I also have zebra striped bootie boots that I love. I also have some purple high boots that look good either over skinny jeans or leggings or under boot cut pants. I have many other various booties that I adore. I also would like some Frye boots but I need some more money....

Old 11-16-2010, 07:31 PM

6,005 posts, read 13,182,220 times
I'm so-so about Uggs. I saw one pair that I LOVED and didn't even realize that they were Uggs. It was a more streamline model, I think. I don't like the stereotypical Uggs on anyone regardless of age

I really like Bare Traps boots. they're really warm and most of them are water resistant. I bought the one below in black earlier this year and love it:

Bare Traps Canelle Wedge BootieBare Traps- DSW

now thinking of getting these in brown:

Bare Traps Catchy BootBare Traps- DSW

and/or something like this that doesn't have a wedge heel and will hopefully be easier to walk around in in icy conditions:

Bare Traps Bianka BootBare Traps- DSW

*waits impatiently for pay day so I can go one of these!*

Old 11-17-2010, 04:47 PM

I hate skinny jeans on me, so I wear boots with leggings and tights to show them off.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
How are the soles? Sturdy?
Yep; they're just now starting to not feel as springy, and this is coming up on winter #3 with them. They've worn well.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:31 AM

1 posts, read 4,036 times
I know it can be hard to pick out the perfect get-up, especially if you're going on a more casual date. If the guy you just started dating suggests going to a movie, resist the urge to throw on your fave sweats or that really comfy pair of jeans.
Las Vegas Locals

Old 11-18-2010, 06:55 AM

5,065 posts, read 13,277,187 times
I have some LLBean boots that look like Uggs, they are super comfortable and warm.

Wicked Good Shearling-Lined Boots, Traditional Tall: Casual Boots at L.L.Bean

I wear them in icy, cold conditions over skinny jeans, or even around the house. I'm in my 40's. I don't really like the look of them/Uggs, but practically speaking for me they can't be beat in such weather. I also wear dressier low-heeled leather boots over skinny jeans in nicer cold weather, I just love boots these past couple of years, although I don't really like "booties". I really like the Bare Traps Catchy boot in the link someone above posted. I don't think it's inappropriate for an older woman to wear Uggs/boots, as long as the whole outfit is tasteful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty