U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2012, 08:00 AM

846 posts, read 909,158 times

Advertisements

I think it would look better with knee high sock and heels.

Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 08:56 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,440,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cushla View Post
This will the third time around it was fashion in the late 40's 50's except the shoes were not as high. This look must surely be some mans fantasy, why does everyone want to look like a teenager, i dread to think about some of the sights we might see out there if it catches on again hopefully as someone suggested it is already dead.
1. What makes the trend inherently juvenile?
2. What makes you think all fashion trends are the result of some man's sexual fetish?

It's an accessory, a mere mixing of two already well accepted articles of clothing. How could socks and heels possibly inspire dread and horror?

Old 11-09-2012, 10:09 AM

7,497 posts, read 9,272,211 times
No! Unless the socks are not visible because the heels cover them completely.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:14 AM

18 posts, read 24,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cushla View Post
This will the third time around it was fashion in the late 40's 50's except the shoes were not as high. This look must surely be some mans fantasy, why does everyone want to look like a teenager, i dread to think about some of the sights we might see out there if it catches on again hopefully as someone suggested it is already dead.
I agree that too many time looks have been subjected to man fetish, uncomfy stilettos and such. And women are often conditioned to look adolescent by media in much less subtle ways, sadly. How can just a nice sock be a result of this, it's just a sock.
Anyway it's not my case, i like both this and the sockless look.
Yes now it's more mainstream to hide the socks, but, for chrissake, be open to a little more creativity and variation. There's so much comformism and lack of personality in fashion, in general.

Last edited by Antome; 11-09-2012 at 11:43 AM..

Old 11-09-2012, 11:46 AM

18 posts, read 24,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioque View Post
I think it would look better with knee high sock and heels.
Not this outfit in particular (this pois/polka dotted dress ), but I also like the knee high style in general. Maybe knee socks are warmer and more for spring/fall, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty