Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 12:14 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times

Advertisements

Christ, another thread about men dont like makeup?
OP, we women dont care.
Dont you have a bridge to tend somewhere?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 02:28 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Good point. Actually I think most women do what they do for other women, not for men. I don't mean to attract other women, but to "keep up." I remember when I was a kid and went to girl scout camp and the girls brought their cutest outfits and all their makeup and would parade around to impress each other. We knew, even at that age, that boys would go for us no matter what we had on and we also knew that the other girls would appreciate the finer distinctions in fashionable dress.

That said, I know that men find me more attractive when I have at least some eye makeup on, and they're more attracted yet when I get some foundation on to cover my red complexion--but I've never been a big fan of the Tammy Faye look. Like everything else in life, you've got to do it right.
Tammy Fayethat brings back memories!!!

Old 11-19-2010, 02:31 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Christ, another thread about men dont like makeup?
OP, we women dont care.
The Fashion Forum is becoming a war zone. Obesity, men who don't like makeup, heels, blah blah blah.

What ever happened to having fun on here?

Old 11-19-2010, 02:44 PM

408 posts, read 809,409 times
My boyfriend HATES it when I wear makeup. He thinks it makes me look "fake".

Old 11-19-2010, 02:51 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
The Fashion Forum is becoming a war zone. Obesity, men who don't like makeup, heels, blah blah blah.

What ever happened to having fun on here?
I dont get it........guess some folks have control issues, who knows, who cares?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A

Old 11-19-2010, 03:41 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
christ, another thread about men dont like makeup?
Op, we women dont care.

lmao:d

Old 11-19-2010, 03:55 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,518,974 times
because we are so ugly we need all the help we can get.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:15 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,682 times
I really hate it when men who are not my father try to tell me what to do.
I mean, what is it with some of these guy's hate for makeup? They make it seem as if ALL American women run about with too much makeup on. But...I just don't see it! I hardly see women with "clown face" on. Some guys are always trying to find something to chide on women about, especially when it is none of their business! Most women want to look beautiful for themselves and other women, not for men.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:30 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Men are interesting creatures, from another planet, that don't know what they want...because if men don't like women who wear make-up, how come those are the women they date, and marry? I have been married, and once, after a long day of chasing kids, my husband and I were going to go out to dinner. I got dressed, and was ready to go, and he,,,the one who always told me he HATED make up, told me we had plenty of time if I wanted to go put on make up....I think that was a HINT to go put some on...

Old 11-21-2010, 02:32 PM

410 posts, read 1,495,150 times
I don't wear makeup, well I should say only for special occassions....like if I'm in a wedding or taking pictures. Since I don't wear it, it looks a little odd when I have it on. My boyfriend tells me I look better without it. I can understand if there is a blemish on your face you are temporarily trying to cover up. When it comes to the point that you look totally different without it that's when there's a problem.

My cousins girlfriend wore so much makeup one day I saw her without it..... I was so shocked she looked so scared from pimples. I think some of that comes from wearing too much makeup for too long.....years and years constantly.

I don't want someone to ever be shocked because I look different because of makeup and they think she needs to put some makeup on. How I fall asleep is the same natural appearance I have when I wake up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty