U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 07:21 AM

5,258 posts, read 7,791,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
LA Gear? The hi-tops?
Not the hi-tops...just regular shoes. But I haven't seen them around in years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 08:12 AM

25,907 posts, read 34,989,441 times
LA Gear ... Guess ... Bongo ... they take me back!

I had an oversized purple Paris Blues shirt, just a big button-up I got at some store. It was really soft and I loved the color. I wish I had kept it. It would still be perfect over a white tank with jeans.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:55 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,340,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
legwarmers!!!

However, whether they are still fashionable or not depends very much on where one is.
I saw them in the sock department at Target yeserday.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:35 PM

5,145 posts, read 10,426,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
How much black eyeliner are we talking? Avril Lavigne or Taylor Momsen?
In between.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:22 PM

3,225 posts, read 6,125,444 times
-Any kind of braids
-Doc Martens-I have a wide variety but the more beat-up and worn they are, the better
-Tunics and peasant-type shirts
-Bootcut jeans (some people really dog on these)
-Babushkas (scarf tyed around the head when it's cold; I look like an old Soviet grandmother and I LOVE IT)

Old 12-03-2010, 05:26 PM

21,141 posts, read 22,118,386 times
I always wished I could pull off the peasant top with jeans look.....I'm too short and curvy...I'd just look like an old, pregnant hippie. I try to live vicariously through my DD but I can't always get her to buy and wear what I'd choose if I were tall, blonde, thin and 20. Go figure.

I love braids too...I think they look really cute when they are loose braids with the stocking cap with the ties that hang down....kind of like a bohemian ski bum?

Old 12-04-2010, 07:40 PM

862 posts, read 2,263,174 times
Braids are fun! French braids don't work on my fine hair, but they are gorgeous on women with thick hair

I love clogs, and it seems they are coming back in style. Yeah!!
I also read my embroidered jeans are out of style but I love them and wear them anyhow. Not with clogs though...

Old 12-04-2010, 07:50 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,375,570 times
Yeah, I don't have any problem with braids, either. I wear them once in a while and always get compliments when I do.

I love clogs, too, but can't wear any shoes or sandals that are backless at work.

My favorite item of clothing that I keep around regardless of where it is on the style continuum is my Levi's jean jacket. It's classic styling, not the cropped ones of a few years back. I don't wear it with jeans, though. No denim on denim, here. I usually wear it to extend the life of my summery sundresses..throw my denim jacket on, and I can wear them in spring and fall, too. Looks good with braids, as well.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:52 AM

3,469 posts, read 6,937,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
high waisted jeans
long skirts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Isaddle shoes .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
Lockets.
Fur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Doc Martens
All of these are rather in fashion again. Braided hair included (don't know about french braids specifically...). Loose, side braids seem to be the thing, but a loose french braided version would work (I think fishtail would be nice too): Side braid hairstyle > hair trends > Blog

High-waisted jeans/pants/skirts have been VERY in the past few years actually, and it doesn't seem to be going away; stores are still carrying them anyway. Fur is really popular for fall (including faux fur), but it never really goes out of style. Doc martens came back in with the return of early 90s fashion & motorcycle style flat boots. Maxi dresses have been in for years, and now the "maxi skirt" is in too (ie. long, ankle length skirts).

Seriously, I haven't even read a fashion magazine in 6 months and I know all this .

What I like about fashion is how fast it changes (I know, most people hate that; I love novelty)....you never get bored, and it always comes back around if you hang onto it long enough .

Although, I agree with the idea of wearing the things you love whether they are in fashion or not. That's how you personalize your style, and it's easy to update almost anything as long as it's not super trendy.

Old 12-05-2010, 04:03 AM

1,344 posts, read 2,578,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
high waisted jeans
pigtails
long skirts

20yrsiBranson
good news Branson!! All three of these are hugely back in style, at least in the big cities (they'll get to the rest of us pretty soon...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or