Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 04:05 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,068,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by linajo76 View Post
out of fashion, but i still love and don't care what people think:

1. Teased up/big hair (i have short hair and it looks better teased up and curled. I love it). back in style

2. Peasant shirts (i just love how comfortable they are and the designs on them really are beautiful to me). back in style

3, dresses with belts around the waistline area (they were popular in the 50's. I love them. I have 2 of them). back in style

4. Knee high go-go type boots (i have a pair and i love them). majorly back in style

5. Sweater blouses that fall down the shoulders (so sexy, in my opinion).
back in style
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 11:01 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,869,341 times
Does anyone remember those terry-cloth type romper outfits? It was a tube top attached to shorts (like a one-piece).

I have 2 of them. I love wearing them in the summer with my swimsuit underneath it. I'd love to get more one of these days.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claud605 View Post
back in style
Well, barely back in style. I hardly see anyone wear them nowadays. LOL!

Old 12-07-2010, 06:57 AM

41,805 posts, read 74,837,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
-Babushkas (scarf tyed around the head when it's cold; I look like an old Soviet grandmother and I LOVE IT)
Me, too -- it's such an exotic look! And I don't mind looking like my Polish grandmother at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
and it always comes back around if you hang onto it long enough .
This is my mantra.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:37 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,466,742 times
I love braids! I still can't braid my own hair - i'm not coordinated enough. Haha!
I love bellbottom/flare leg jeans still, even though I can still find them (I'll settle for boot cut too), most stores are into selling skinny jeans.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:55 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,124,653 times
I like wearing bare midriff shirts, and every now and then I'll hear someone talk about how out of style they are...how "90s" they are. But I'm in love with the look and apparently other women still wear them too. If I wear a button-down shirt, I prefer to tie it up in the front instead of wearing it full-length. I honestly think that this is a timeless casual look.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:22 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,285,302 times
Dog poop bangs. Where you curl your hair and make a roll that looks like a dog poop, and pin it to your forehead.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:53 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,087,904 times
A couple years ago I was at my local gym, on the treadmill, cooling down after a nice little jog. This kid whom I work with (he's in his early 20's and I in my mid-40's) climbs onto the treadmill next to me and smiles and says, "Hey dude...nice socks!"
The thing was I was wearing mid-calf length cotton tube sox, which, ever since I was a jock in high school, I had considered the norm for workout attire. Well, I really didn't know what the heck he was talking about and why he was so amused by my sox, till I looked around the gym and realized that every other guy in the whole place was wearing those low-cut, ankle-lengths socks--the ones you can barely see above the top of the shoe. Apparently, this had been the fashionable preference for a few years, but somehow I had failed to notice this. And hell, I'm in the gym about 5 times a week.
Well, since then I've acquiesced and usually wear the low-cuts--they are cooler in the summer. But every once in awhile I slip on the old tubes just so as to assert my old fart rights.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:58 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,379,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
A couple years ago I was at my local gym, on the treadmill, cooling down after a nice little jog. This kid whom I work with (he's in his early 20's and I in my mid-40's) climbs onto the treadmill next to me and smiles and says, "Hey dude...nice socks!"
The thing was I was wearing mid-calf length cotton tube sox, which, ever since I was a jock in high school, I had considered the norm for workout attire. Well, I really didn't know what the heck he was talking about and why he was so amused by my sox, till I looked around the gym and realized that every other guy in the whole place was wearing those low-cut, ankle-lengths socks--the ones you can barely see above the top of the shoe. Apparently, this had been the fashionable preference for a few years, but somehow I had failed to notice this. And hell, I'm in the gym about 5 times a week.
Well, since then I've acquiesced and usually wear the low-cuts--they are cooler in the summer. But every once in awhile I slip on the old tubes just so as to assert my old fart rights.
LOL - sounds like my DH...

You have noticed that mens athletic shorts are no longer short and tight....right?

Old 12-11-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I like wearing bare midriff shirts, and every now and then I'll hear someone talk about how out of style they are...how "90s" they are. But I'm in love with the look and apparently other women still wear them too. If I wear a button-down shirt, I prefer to tie it up in the front instead of wearing it full-length. I honestly think that this is a timeless casual look.
When I had a flatter stomach and was a size 6, I too loved them and used to wear them all the time (until 2006). I can't wear one now (now a size 9-10; and not so flat of a stomach now, but I'm curvy and happy).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty