U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 07:33 PM

3,487 posts, read 6,133,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_steak View Post
Not expensive for the face. Just $100.00, but it wasn't worth it IMHO. It's supposed to take between 5-8 sessions to get rid of the hair and the maintenance every once in a while. The pain was HORRIBLE and I don't like being burned so it's back to electrolysis for me.

Thanks for replying everyone. You helped me make up my mind.
I did 6 sessions and it was TOTALLY worth it for me. Sure, there is some pain, but I didn't even bother to use the analgesic cream that they offered. I used 600mg ibuprofen 1 hr beforehand. Having ice to numb the area and the cooling gel application prior to zapping helps a lot. However, I do have very high pain tolerance.

FYI skin burns are NOT normal AT ALL. They need to turn down the power and adjust the settings. After every treatment, they can incrementally increase the laser power. You should report the burns to whoever did your laser treatment... Make sure they are certified in the use of that particular laser too.

I think sometimes there are pigments or glands under the skin that make it easier for some areas to burn even if they are using the "standard" setting. Maybe the face is one of those areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 11:45 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,804,327 times
I know people who have had it done and are happy. I am really sensitive and it hurts a bit too much for me. I went in for a tester and couldn't really handle it. I also can't get waxed because it just hurts too much for me. I think it sometimes depends on your hair, dark vs light, coarse vs fine, etc as well as pain threshold.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:47 PM

3,718 posts, read 4,599,901 times
What if you shave the area a few days before then go in or would that not matter?

Old 09-30-2011, 08:31 PM

10,729 posts, read 19,087,821 times
Why are you reviving all these OLD posts?

Old 10-25-2011, 01:53 PM

3,718 posts, read 4,599,901 times
I just answered my old question.

Apparently you do have to shave before going in, according to Laser Hair Removal Facts: What to Know Before You Get Laser Hair Removal:

Quote:
Laser Hair Removal Facts: How to Prepare

Once it's determined what type of laser or pulsed light machine will be used, you'll likely be told to either shave the day of your treatment or three days before. Check with your aesthetician before you show up. I've come in freshly shaved only to be sent home.
And sorry for bringing up this old thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or