U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: do the male ugg boots with the fur look homosecual or female like?
yes they look gay and female like 69 78.41%
no they do not look gay and female like 19 21.59%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 06:03 PM

22,583 posts, read 11,769,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
Do they look homosexual? I assume you mean the "stereotype" of homosexual men? You can not tell most gay guys from straight guys.
Here in Philly near City Hall there's a bar called The Bike Stop. It's a gay bar. A gay Biker's bar. Harleys parked outside. Beefy bearded guys with tattoos. Hairy guys on "Bear Night." None of them wear Ugg books. Motorcycle boots or work boots, yes; Uggs, no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 06:27 PM

19,122 posts, read 21,371,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Real men don't wear fur; nor do real women.
I do but not on boots. Winter coats with a hood can be trimmed in fur, my gaunlet mittens are, that come almost to my elbows, but not the coat cuff since the fur would be in the way. If I ever make a Mic Mac coat it will on the lower hem. It is a eastern but eskimo like coat, made of brain tan deer and embroridered.

My best clothing is based on the Long Hunter and American Fur trade circa's.

I don't own but one neck tie and it is McKay tartan (modern), I don't own a suit that is modern. I don't even own any shoes, just boots for dress and boots for work, but wear mocs and sandals mostly. The mocs I make, the sandals are store bought pretty much work boots with no top. I wear sandals all winter on ice.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:25 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,080,413 times
UGG not just for woman ,OK??

Old 12-20-2010, 03:18 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,024,929 times
Default They are hideous and reek of poor taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I think the Ugg boots are aptly named. They look crappy on everyone.
I agree. The first time I saw them, they were being worn by poor, unkempt hillbilly types. I thought their use was confined to inbreds who live secluded in the backwoods, people who are only seen by accident.

I think they scream "poor taste!" in the same manner that tattoos do and their popularity will go the way of the pet rock and the mood ring. They are not a fashion item that will "stand the test of time." The country obviously at a historically-low point now in standards for fashion and dress with the popularity of these very, very low-class looking ugly boots. If a man is wearing them, that is even more disturbing.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:38 PM

4,721 posts, read 13,616,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I agree. The first time I saw them, they were being worn by poor, unkempt hillbilly types. I thought their use was confined to inbreds who live secluded in the backwoods, people who are only seen by accident.

I think they scream "poor taste!" in the same manner that tattoos do and their popularity will go the way of the pet rock and the mood ring. They are not a fashion item that will "stand the test of time." The country obviously at a historically-low point now in standards for fashion and dress with the popularity of these very, very low-class looking ugly boots. If a man is wearing them, that is even more disturbing.
WOW, I dont believe I have ever encountered such deep disdain and emotional upset over an inanimate object

Wearing them with shorts baffles me.
Wearing them in the freezing cold with all the assorted clothing,,(they dont show but for the feet). Whats the big deal?
They are not my only boots that I wear, but I occasionaly certainly appreciate them. They sure arent as pretty or current as some of my others , however,.
Its snowing outside(,just beautiful),and we just went for a walk.
My feet stayed toasty and no one came by and threw snowballs at me for wearing them.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:44 PM

10,892 posts, read 13,013,869 times
Quote:
..people who are only seen by accident.
lmao

Old 12-21-2010, 05:33 AM

25,907 posts, read 34,989,441 times
They were common surfer gear in the late 80s, so I do think they will stand the "test of time." They're ugly, yes (hence the name), but they are also warm and easy to slip on. And guys wore them more than girls when I was in high school, so all this "gay" talk is just funny to me. They were perfect after getting out of that cold California water.

They're big this year, so the faddishness will fade in the next year or two, but they'll always be around. They've been manufactured in Australia since the 30s.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:07 PM

19,122 posts, read 21,371,764 times
Quote:

Since has SF become the in fashion place to be? I think the one thing SF invented in fashion is the tie dyed t shirt I still have one 35 years old like new, Wanna buy it?

Old 12-21-2010, 09:41 PM

15,294 posts, read 7,151,642 times
I wouldn't wear ugg boots. No thanks.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:21 PM

27,504 posts, read 17,642,239 times
Uggs make so many styles, I guess it all depends on which ones you are looking at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty