U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: do the male ugg boots with the fur look homosecual or female like?
yes they look gay and female like 69 78.41%
no they do not look gay and female like 19 21.59%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 04:52 AM

4,245 posts, read 5,755,682 times

Advertisements

A heavy fur coat on a guy seems to be to be pretty frou-frou (except if one is tyring for a 1920s "Joe College" raccoon coat look, which would be more period costume, not fashion). I don't think I've seen Ugg boots on a guy, either....

Quote:
I think they look fantastic on some of the girls that wear them especially with those tight pants, combined with a north face denali jacket.
tight pants = black leggings? I think its the contrast between the way the clothing items contrast that makes this look work....bulky contrasting with tight fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 09:07 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,294,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I think the Ugg boots are aptly named. They look crappy on everyone.
Agreed. Male or female, homosexual or not, they are a horrible, wasteful, and expensive trendy fad to fall into.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:09 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,382,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
Someone on the city vs city thread claims that the ugg boot for men with the fur on it looks very homosexual and ladylike.

so what do you guys think? do they look homosexual or do they look ok?

I guess you should wear what you like and not give a sh*t about what other people think. IMHO.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:04 PM

19,122 posts, read 21,389,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milleka View Post
I guess you should wear what you like and not give a sh*t about what other people think. IMHO.
I'll agree with that thinking. That's exactly what I do.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:14 PM
Status: "happy again, no longer catless! t...." (set 10 days ago)

14,426 posts, read 16,706,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
Agreed. Male or female, homosexual or not, they are a horrible, wasteful, and expensive trendy fad to fall into.
I have a pair of the short ones and a friend is going to give me a pair of the tall ones that need a little repair. Sorry but when its COLD, functional and comfortable and furry trump ugly anyday.

I have some really cool looking boots but they won't even accomdate boot socks, not the three layers of them I have on now. Why put down shoes/boots that do the job? Footwear should be about function over fashion and trend. I doubt Uggs, given that they do what they are supposed to and aren't just a trend, will dissapear.

And they aren't ugly. Thin little boots with icy feet on a cold day are ugly.

What I want is another pair of Alaskan mucklucks like I had which survived constant wear half the year for ten years. Fur and all.

Old 12-29-2010, 03:20 PM

1,832 posts, read 3,665,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Here in Philly near City Hall there's a bar called The Bike Stop. It's a gay bar. A gay Biker's bar. Harleys parked outside. Beefy bearded guys with tattoos. Hairy guys on "Bear Night." None of them wear Ugg books. Motorcycle boots or work boots, yes; Uggs, no.
LOL. I know of a similar bar here in NYC, I pass it on the way to one of my hangout spots. If I guy went in there with Uggs, I believe he would get thrown out! j/k

Old 12-29-2010, 03:25 PM

1,832 posts, read 3,665,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
Yes. I hate those things. I don't know why anybody, man or woman, would want to wear them. And they must absolute hell to walk around in.
No, they feel very comfortable. I understand why so many people wear them. In my life there are days I may feel to dress to impress, and Uggs won't be anywhere near my feet. On others days I could give a crap and just want to keep my feet warm and comfy. Those are Ugg days. I don't like forcing thick socks into other regular leather or suede boots I have, so the Uggs come in perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Is he also wearing Apple Bottom jeans...boots with the furrrr (with the furrr!) ?!
LOL!

Old 01-02-2011, 05:13 PM

163 posts, read 338,183 times
I'm not much of a fan of them on males or females. My niece lives in hers. I want to toss them out the window!

Old 01-02-2011, 05:28 PM

35,821 posts, read 39,419,773 times
Uggs generally aren't lined with fur, but with wool...slight difference.

On the topic of the OP, I've never seen a guy wearing Ugg or Ugg-style boots, that I can recall. But some of the styles do seem fairly unisex.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:59 AM

2,117 posts, read 4,566,686 times
13 people have no sense of style and/or gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty