U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 10:02 PM

14,340 posts, read 20,606,030 times

Advertisements

She is definitely thin, but it is her natural figure. I was like that at her age. No matter what I ate I couldn't gain weight. You can tell by looking at her brother, he has the same build.

I thought she was fantastic. Her pictures were beautiful and she has a different beauty. She will hopefully gain confidence now since she has won and come out of her shell. She truly came a long way from the start of the competition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 11:07 PM

36 posts, read 44,609 times
Are you serious? That girl won America's Top Model show??
That photo of her in the white singlet and bikini bottoms is terrible. It must surely be photoshopped? It's beyond slim, it's unnattractive completely. I think girls are way sexier with curves. Curves - not fat! I myself actually don't have many curves and would love to be more voluptous.
That girls body looks like a twelve year old boys body.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:42 PM

1,234 posts, read 2,399,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAngel View Post
Are you serious? That girl won America's Top Model show??
That photo of her in the white singlet and bikini bottoms is terrible. It must surely be photoshopped? It's beyond slim, it's unnattractive completely. I think girls are way sexier with curves. Curves - not fat! I myself actually don't have many curves and would love to be more voluptous.
That girls body looks like a twelve year old boys body.
They aren't looking for sexy, they're looking for model material and a good attitude to boot.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:48 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,709,433 times
Yes, she's too thin, but not only that, I think she's creepy looking.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:31 AM

21,199 posts, read 20,153,066 times
She needs a biscuit. Make that a whole bunch of biscuits.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:34 AM

36 posts, read 44,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
They aren't looking for sexy, they're looking for model material and a good attitude to boot.
What's the point of a model if it's not to be sexy/attractive? They're supposed to make the consumer want to buy the product they're wearing - that's not going to happen if the model looks like a praying mantis.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:12 AM
Itz

714 posts, read 1,862,702 times
you could see her hips/pelvis bones sticking out!!! ... mmm... yeah... not kewl and I think it sends an entirely contradicting message to young girls.. Even if she is naturally thin... your bones shouldnt stick out like that..

Old 12-04-2010, 01:28 AM

17,414 posts, read 18,309,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAngel View Post
What's the point of a model if it's not to be sexy/attractive? They're supposed to make the consumer want to buy the product they're wearing - that's not going to happen if the model looks like a praying mantis.
"Pretty" girls are not always the most photogenic or photgraphically interesting. And high fashion models are NOT Maxim or Playboy material. The modeling industry is not full of girls who were Homecoming Queen or voted "Best Looking" in their high school yearbook.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:52 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,043,671 times
She looks like someone who was taken out of a coffin from some gravesite. A modern day Vampira.

America's Next Top Model? Some selection committee should be stoned to death for this selection. Shame. I prefer the curves and beauty of Anna Nicole Smith when she did those Guess Jean ads. Or better yet, Beverly Johnson.

Beverly Johnson makes all of these similar-looking "top" models look like corpses. BJ represents the gold standard.
Attached Thumbnails
America's Next Top Model--Too Thin?-mylife_beverly_johnson.jpg  

Old 12-04-2010, 02:15 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,709,433 times
I've actually heard that designers DON'T WANT good looking supermodels because they want you to focus on the clothes, not how pretty the model is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty