Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 12:35 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,824,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAngel View Post
What's the point of a model if it's not to be sexy/attractive? They're supposed to make the consumer want to buy the product they're wearing - that's not going to happen if the model looks like a praying mantis.
She's probably going to be modeling couture, not Abercrombie & Fitch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 02:09 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times
She looks fine to me. She's definitely thin & very tall with an unusually small frame for her height, and while that is rare, it does exist naturally & can be healthy (there are also plenty of tall, gangly men out there, and no one freaks out about it).

They obviously chose someone with a couture look. I think she has a kind of beauty that is definitely not going to be understood by the mainstream, which is the entire point. Couture fashion is NOT for the average person.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:28 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,308,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Ann Ward was picked as America's Next Top Model. What do you think?

Sexy Photos Of 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 15 Winner Ann Ward - Starpulse.com

She has a beautiful face, but I think she's waaaay, waaaay too thin.
I think her face is unattractive compared to most models, and her body is too concave. Flabby thin in an unhealthy looking way. Would help if she had some muscle tone. There were many better looking models on that show.

Old 12-05-2010, 06:26 AM

134 posts, read 126,949 times
She's too thin. Almost looks like a skeleton, disgusting.

Old 12-05-2010, 06:41 AM

1,047 posts, read 3,988,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I think her face is unattractive compared to most models, and her body is too concave. Flabby thin in an unhealthy looking way. Would help if she had some muscle tone. There were many better looking models on that show.
I agree, I don't think she is particularly good looking. But, I do think that the majority of models are not gorgeous in person. Some are really not even pretty. It's all about how the face appears in a photograph, or how the clothes hang on the body.She did take a beautiful picture.
I think she just needs to learn posture, she needs to stand up straight.I think shes been trying for years to appear shorter by slumping over.

Old 12-05-2010, 07:23 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itz View Post
you could see her hips/pelvis bones sticking out!!! ... mmm... yeah... not kewl and I think it sends an entirely contradicting message to young girls.. Even if she is naturally thin... your bones shouldnt stick out like that..
So what do you suggest for girls who are that naturally thin? Gorge on a bunch of sandwiches so other people don't think she's gross?

Poor kid. You can win America's Next Top Model and people still call you disgusting and skeletal.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:48 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
America's Next Top Model--Too Thin?
I watched this seasons show in its entirety and I am glad that she won. One the first episode I thought she was sickly, unattractive and just flat out waaaaaaay too skinny. But after seeing her consistently win in the challenges and produce amazing work, there was no doubt that she was the best of this years crop.

Do I think she's too thin? From a "do I find her attractive" standpoint - YES.
Do I think she's too thin? From a high fashion model viewpoint - YES but her work seems to always be super amazing.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,462 times
I think she looks fine.Her weight fits her body structure so she looks fine.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:35 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I watched this seasons show in its entirety and I am glad that she won. One the first episode I thought she was sickly, unattractive and just flat out waaaaaaay too skinny. But after seeing her consistently win in the challenges and produce amazing work, there was no doubt that she was the best of this years crop.

Do I think she's too thin? From a "do I find her attractive" standpoint - YES.
Do I think she's too thin? From a high fashion model viewpoint - YES but her work seems to always be super amazing.
I didn't watch the show--only saw the pix after she won. Seems like the people who watched the show really like her, so I'm guessing her personality has something to do with it.

I still think that in the pictures where the majority of her body is showing she looks frighteningly thin and unattractive. I would hate for my 12-year-old daughter to think that she has an ideal body--regardless of whether she's naturally thin or starves herself.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:41 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
I would hate for my 12-year-old daughter to think that she has an ideal body--regardless of whether she's naturally thin or starves herself.
Frankly, I would hate for my DD to think that there is such thing as an "ideal" body that she needs to live up to - very thin, curvy, whatever. I suppose I could have spend my days being depressed over my short legs - anyone who has ever seen any model realizes that regardless of the rest of my body, my short legs would be a deal killer in the seek for "perfection"...it's all silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty