U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 10:56 AM

2,459 posts, read 4,671,610 times

Advertisements

I love high heels, the higher the better. What guy doesn't love high heels? I've dated a few woman that with 4" heels on, they were taller than me (I'm 5'10") I'm ok with that. It's sexy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
In my view, heels ARE NOT attractive under any circumstances on a woman. They make her look like a ho
I hope you are being sarcastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 11:01 AM

7,736 posts, read 13,967,370 times
Quote:
In my view, heels ARE NOT attractive under any circumstances on a woman. They make her look like a ho
Interesting view. I'm curious to know how your strong feelings came about. Have you always felt that way? Did your mother ever wear heels or does/did she share the same views as you? What about your father? Did he voice the same opinion?

Old 12-03-2010, 11:03 AM

3,271 posts, read 5,891,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
I love high heels, the higher the better. What guy doesn't love high heels? I've dated a few woman that with 4" heels on, they were taller than me (I'm 5'10") I'm ok with that. It's sexy.
I hope you are being sarcastic.
I'm dead serious. I think a woman who wears heels gives off a trashy/ho vibe because it's like she has to try too hard to look good, i.e. throw on some heels, and men will go goo-goo gaa gaa each and every time. I'm probably a rare breed of man that doesn't find heels attractive on a woman at all.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:05 AM

3,271 posts, read 5,891,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Interesting view. I'm curious to know how your strong feelings came about. Have you always felt that way? Did your mother ever wear heels or does/did she share the same views as you? What about your father? Did he voice the same opinion?
For as long as I can remember, I've always felt this way. The women in my family wear flats, no more no less. They don't do stillettos, heels or none of that because some of them have chronic foot issues and like me, they see young women wearing heels/stilettos and conjure up in their minds "Yep, she's a ho."

Old 12-03-2010, 11:10 AM

42,837 posts, read 77,122,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1g1yy12 View Post
Honestly, I don't care if a woman is taller than me, stiletto or otherwise. But, holy mackerel, 4-5" heel ??? I can only imagine what they do shaping the calves, the back, and the rear end. Oh my, BRB ...
Platforms are comfortable; it's the stilettos that suck. I can only walk in stilettos up to 4" high and only in some of them. That puts me at 5'6", which is fine with me and it means men should start at about 5'8" at least unless they also wear platforms.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:14 AM

2,459 posts, read 4,671,610 times
Quote:
I'm dead serious. I think a woman who wears heels gives off a trashy/ho vibe because it's like she has to try too hard to look good, i.e. throw on some heels, and men will go goo-goo gaa gaa each and every time. I'm probably a rare breed of man that doesn't find heels attractive on a woman at all.
whats wrong with men going goo goo gaa gaa each time? I for one don't want to be with a woman that wears sweat pants and tennis shoes everywhere. If her date night wardrobe is blue jeans and a t-shirt, I'm out. I like to dress up and I like a woman who dresses up. If the heels do nothing for you, thats fine, no one can give you grief over that. But I guess I take issue with you labeling woman "ho's" for trying to be attractive. This sounds like a control/insecurity issue. So many men have an issue with a woman's sexuality and the power they tend to wield over men.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:21 AM

7,736 posts, read 13,967,370 times
Quote:
For as long as I can remember, I've always felt this way. The women in my family wear flats, no more no less. They don't do stillettos, heels or none of that because some of them have chronic foot issues and like me, they see young women wearing heels/stilettos and conjure up in their minds "Yep, she's a ho."
Do the women in your family not wear heels because of their foot issues, but would they wear them if that wasn't the case OR do they not wear them because they think heels = hos?

So what do you find attractive on women? I would say most women wear some type of heel on occasion, so how do you find women who don't wear any type of heel?

Old 12-03-2010, 11:23 AM

3,788 posts, read 6,672,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Just curious? The average man is ~5'9"-5'10" but these heels might dwarf any man. I have seen some average height women top out around 6'0-6'1" in them. Besides being an ankle breaker, do you men like heels this high on a woman?
I don't mind the high heels. If it makes her taller than me or tower over me, so what.

The only thing I have to say about them is "doesn't it hurt to walk in them????"

Old 12-03-2010, 11:25 AM

5,706 posts, read 7,892,614 times
Quote:

So what do you find attractive on women?
Me.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:25 AM

42,837 posts, read 77,122,397 times
Quote:
how do you find women who don't wear any type of heel?
Easy! Somebody like you who doesn't want to look any taller, though! The problem is there aren't that many women of your height...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty