U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 12:44 PM

7,508 posts, read 3,593,891 times

Advertisements

I only have three pairs of heels. One pair for business/church and two pairs for special occasion. Otherwise, I don't wear them for the heck of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 12:44 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,433,349 times
Pretty silly IMO, they are not good for the feet.

Maybe us guys should just show up on dates looking like this...

Old 12-03-2010, 12:45 PM

20,014 posts, read 20,504,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoptstrays View Post
I wear heels...but have to say this: Some heels are called F*** me heels for a reason. I think those are what Northside is talking about. Stripper heels. My group of friends will be going out and one will always say, "so should I wear my F*** me heels or the ones I can actually walk in?"

Nice heels for church is a whole different thing.
Im not a heel person. Enlighten me. What is the difference between nice heels and ho heels. Is it the height of the heel?

Old 12-03-2010, 12:46 PM

12 posts, read 16,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Men like you who go crazy over women in heels need to grow up.

Go crazy? nah...but i will say this...THE GUILTY IS ALWAYS THE FIRST TO RAISE UP......

Old 12-03-2010, 12:48 PM

17,749 posts, read 15,023,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't see a point to heels...they put you off balance to start, doesn't make them seem too intelligent.

Sneakers are better.

Hi TKramar,

That does not surprise me. I don't ever recall you obsessing over aestheticism. If I ever heard in your voice "it needs a touch of saffron", I would think Jesus would come sooner.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:54 PM

3,977 posts, read 6,331,039 times
Hail all!
I'm a heel for a gal in heels, My heart get pierced with stilettos but I heal!

Now heel spot, heel!

Jonathan

Old 12-03-2010, 01:08 PM

9,164 posts, read 16,510,896 times
I don't care for platforms. They make a woman look taller but not necessarily better. High heels, on the other hand, make her legs more shapely and her walk a little more feminine. Just for the looks, I like a high spiked heel -- 2.5-3". But they're hard on a woman's foot and have caused more than a few falls, so I don't encourage anyone to wear them.

My first (ex) wife wore spiked heels every day to work for years and years. I spent some time with her last month and noticed that her feet had become deformed, and she had a tough time just walking on the beach in sandals. I don't know how much of that was caused by decades of wearing high heels, but I'd bet it contributed to it.

My current wife seldom wears heels, and if she does it's the clunky looking wide ones on platforms. They do nothing for her other than keep the pants with too-long-legs from dragging.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:10 PM

17,749 posts, read 15,023,452 times
Do not go to the salon for a stilettofro
It is a bald head with dimples and divots.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:12 PM

203 posts, read 414,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Im not a heel person. Enlighten me. What is the difference between nice heels and ho heels. Is it the height of the heel?
I guess you could say that. Church heels are usually at the most, 1 1/2 inches high, usually pumps.

F*** me heels are usually stillettos or high heeled boots. They make you walk slightly tipped over, so your butt sticks out, LOL. Come on now..you HAVE to know what I'm talking about. The higher the heel, the more the woman wants you to notice her. Trust me..we don't wear them because they are comfortable, in any way, shape or form.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:17 PM

9,164 posts, read 16,510,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yeah, the 4" slender heels are often called that. Except I've always heard them called "f-me shoes", not heels.

I owned a shoe store for a few years. I once sold some nice open-toed dress shoes to a gal who brought them back the next day. She said her husband wouldn't let her keep them because they showed too much toe and were too sexy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty