U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 02:43 PM

25,907 posts, read 34,981,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
4" inches isn't even that high.

I don't care what men think, I'll wear what I please.
Or women!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 02:47 PM

12 posts, read 16,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
It's no more foolish than thinking ho's don't wear flats! Newflash babe...it's the woman IN the shoes not THE shoes that makes the difference between a good woman and a ho. Sounds like you need to broaden your horizons just a wee bit.

Like i said, mr.northside is a very INSECURE man...he's afraid of losing his woman if she's lookin too dam good...

Old 12-03-2010, 03:20 PM

6,772 posts, read 11,586,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Don't you care that I might like it just a little?
Maybe. Just a little.

Old 12-03-2010, 03:30 PM

Northside...I bet your woman would look sexy as hell with these on....wouldnt you agree?
Attached Thumbnails
How do you men feel about these 4-5inch platform heels that are in style for women?-1286874465womens-jordan-xi-heels-white-black  

Old 12-03-2010, 04:31 PM

3,271 posts, read 5,892,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
whats wrong with men going goo goo gaa gaa each time? I for one don't want to be with a woman that wears sweat pants and tennis shoes everywhere. If her date night wardrobe is blue jeans and a t-shirt, I'm out. I like to dress up and I like a woman who dresses up. If the heels do nothing for you, thats fine, no one can give you grief over that. But I guess I take issue with you labeling woman "ho's" for trying to be attractive. This sounds like a control/insecurity issue. So many men have an issue with a woman's sexuality and the power they tend to wield over men.
A woman that really prides herself on being attractive should be able to make anything look good, even if she wears sweats and a t-shirt (which on a regular night I would be ok with). I like dressing up myself and don't mind a woman dressing up but there's such a thing as overdoing it. A nice skirt/pantsuit would do the trick for me but if she's trying too hard by wearing stripper shoes, that's what I take issue with. I'm cool with a woman looking good on a date but overdoing it by wearing revealing clothing.......not a good look. To each his/her own

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Do the women in your family not wear heels because of their foot issues, but would they wear them if that wasn't the case OR do they not wear them because they think heels = hos?

So what do you find attractive on women? I would say most women wear some type of heel on occasion, so how do you find women who don't wear any type of heel?
Both. Some women in my family don't wear heels due to foot issues and some don't wear heels for the simple fact that they see young women walking around trying to be cute wearing stilettos/stripper shoes. These are the same women that have on other sorts of revealing clothing and act like hoochies. What I find attractive on a woman is sexy, BUT tasteful. Leave something to the imagination. On occasion, the women in my family will wear heels but not regularly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoptstrays View Post
I wear heels...but have to say this: Some heels are called F*** me heels for a reason. I think those are what Northside is talking about. Stripper heels. My group of friends will be going out and one will always say, "so should I wear my F*** me heels or the ones I can actually walk in?"
Nice heels for church is a whole different thing.
Exactly....Stripper shoes/stilettos are what I'm referring to. Make it so bad, some women at my job wear those

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
HOTNESS!
I laugh at any woman who would be so ridiculous as to wear that mess. She might as well wear stilts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souljaslim1 View Post
Like i said, mr.northside is a very INSECURE man...he's afraid of losing his woman if she's lookin too dam good...
Never that. I'm all for my woman looking good but if I was in a relationship and she dresses too revealing to where other guys will potentially hit on her, it's gonna be a problem. She can look good for me, but not any other clown on the streets. Now, go salivate like a dog at some woman wearing heels. I bet when you see a chick wearing heels your eyes pop out and you start howling like a wolf, as most men would do.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
A woman that really prides herself on being attractive should be able to make anything look good, even if she wears sweats and a t-shirt (which on a regular night I would be ok with). I like dressing up myself and don't mind a woman dressing up but there's such a thing as overdoing it. A nice skirt/pantsuit would do the trick for me but if she's trying too hard by wearing stripper shoes, that's what I take issue with. I'm cool with a woman looking good on a date but overdoing it by wearing revealing clothing.......not a good look. To each his/her own

Both. Some women in my family don't wear heels due to foot issues and some don't wear heels for the simple fact that they see young women walking around trying to be cute wearing stilettos/stripper shoes. These are the same women that have on other sorts of revealing clothing and act like hoochies. What I find attractive on a woman is sexy, BUT tasteful. Leave something to the imagination. On occasion, the women in my family will wear heels but not regularly

Exactly....Stripper shoes/stilettos are what I'm referring to. Make it so bad, some women at my job wear those

I laugh at any woman who would be so ridiculous as to wear that mess. She might as well wear stilts.

Never that. I'm all for my woman looking good but if I was in a relationship and she dresses too revealing to where other guys will potentially hit on her, it's gonna be a problem. She can look good for me, but not any other clown on the streets. Now, go salivate like a dog at some woman wearing heels. I bet when you see a chick wearing heels your eyes pop out and you start howling like a wolf, as most men would do.

Once again my friend..YOU ARE A VERY INSECURE MAN...men will always look at your woman..regardless of what she is wearing...you should take it as a compliment when someone else looks at your woman....you need to start worrying when they stop looking....

Old 12-03-2010, 05:51 PM

884 posts, read 2,312,184 times
My husband could care less about me wearing some high-heeled torture devices. I'm glad I can stick with my 2-inch or less shoes.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:54 PM

580 posts, read 916,988 times
I'm not gonna lit, women look really hot in high heels. I mean obviously sex appeal depends more on other factors than just just high heels, but still, yow.

As for the high factor, I really don't care. I mean as long as she's not like 8'6" or something...

Old 12-06-2010, 03:06 PM

10,236 posts, read 13,523,621 times
My husband despises stiletto heels because he said that women never walk gracefully in them. Well, I think a few do, but only a few. Most walk awkwardly in them, and to me that is NOT sexy.

Some years ago in San Francisco, while waiting for a bus, a "dancer" stepped outside for a cigarette break and she started to chat about her problems with her shoes. They were probably 5", and she said that she twisted her ankles several times from walking and dancing in the damn things. She had no grace. I told her that if she wore normal-height spikes that she would look a lot sexier because they're manageable. I doubt she believed it, but it's sad because chances are the guys would have noticed the difference in her movements.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:10 PM

662 posts, read 1,042,261 times
Mmmmmmmm, Heeeeeeeels
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty