Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 01:37 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
I once sold some nice open-toed dress shoes
Good thing you reminded me of that, WyoNewk! Maybe you can enlighten me. I have absolutely no use for open-toed pumps of this type and they're all over!

Ask The Fashion Police: open toed shoes with hoseÂ* > The Fashion Police

They're extremely uncomfortable and hot to wear in summer barefoot and they look awful worn with a hose in the winter. What is one supposed to do with them anyway?! And now they came up with open-toed damn BOOTS! One can't find normal shoes anymore!

Lately there's a model on the market I call "the perfect date" - the entire heel and part of the back of the shoes is covered with some serious spikes! Those shoes are handy weapons, I tell ya! They look sorta like these - http://www.shoeperwoman.com/wp-conte...pike-shoes.jpg - but the spikes are only in the back and on the heel. I've seen them in Dillard's, but can't find them on their website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 01:37 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Yeah, the 4" slender heels are often called that. Except I've always heard them called "f-me shoes", not heels.

I owned a shoe store for a few years. I once sold some nice open-toed dress shoes to a gal who brought them back the next day. She said her husband wouldn't let her keep them because they showed too much toe and were too sexy.
Did your store happen to be on the north side of Jacksonville?

Old 12-03-2010, 01:38 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,582,359 times
4-5 inch might be a tad high. Would have to see them. But generally LOVE to see a woman in high heels. Wish my wife liked wearing them.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:48 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Speaking of f*me heels, I wore a pair of high heel over the knee boots to a birthday party last weekend. I had some guy come over and tell me I won the "best boots contest." I replied "I don't know if that's good or bad!?" and he then told me he wanted to get a pair for his wife. I still don't know if I should take it as an insult or a compliment. My husband thinks it was a compliment, but I think he's biased.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:59 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
I think gals look rediculous in high platforms. I laugh when I see them walking, or trying to walk...they look like clown shoes and create an unnatural gait.

Heels, sans the bulky platforms, can look nice but when you get up to and over 4" it's obvious the girl is trying way too hard. Again, I laugh.

Don't even get me started on the health and safety issues.

Old 12-03-2010, 02:09 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
4" inches isn't even that high.

I don't care what men think, I'll wear what I please.

Old 12-03-2010, 02:32 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by souljaslim1 View Post
Its sad when a woman is defined by the kind of SHOES or heels she wears....now there is a time and place for certain type of heels but non the less....i'm very open minded about these kind of issues because i dont waste my time sweatin a woman about bull**** like that....good women wear heels and hoes wear flats...dont be so quick to judge a woman or anybody for that matter simply by what they choose to wear....

Surely you must be kidding with this foolishness Flip that around and it'll read better.

Old 12-03-2010, 02:36 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Surely you must be kidding with this foolishness Flip that around and it'll read better.
It's no more foolish than thinking ho's don't wear flats! Newflash babe...it's the woman IN the shoes not THE shoes that makes the difference between a good woman and a ho. Sounds like you need to broaden your horizons just a wee bit.

Old 12-03-2010, 02:36 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,051,501 times
HOTNESS!
http://loloscube.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/gene-simons-dsquared-spike-super-high-6-inch-heels-as-worn-by-Monica-on-the-george-lopez-show1.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-03-2010, 02:42 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
4" inches isn't even that high.

I don't care what men think, I'll wear what I please.

Don't you care that I might like it just a little?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty