U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 07:48 AM

5,065 posts, read 13,298,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
That is a boot my wife might be interested in. We don't go shopping very often in stores. Do you think these might be in stock in a store?
What makes it stretchy? Would you happen to ride a motorcycle? My wife doesn't ride one, but rides with me a lot. I see no detail on the soles, other than
lightweight synthetic sole reduces foot and leg fatigue '

Do you find they are slippery on the ground, say if you spin on one foot or the other? Do you think theese would stand up to many pivots on one foot, the left a lot?

Getting on a bike tends to spin the left foot throwing a leg over and my wife mounts the bike like a man. Or in other words she doesn't step thru female fashion.
I can't even access that link anymore, I guess JCPenney's went out of stock overnight. Try googling them. I saw Zappos has them in stock, but for the full $150. They also have them in brown. Zappos does have free returns, so if one size doesn't fit you can try another. I find these run large. They are also roomy in the calf area, which is fine with me since I wear them over jeans. I don't ride motorcycles, but I ride horses sometimes, and I've been tempted to wear them riding!! I wear them all day long, in fact I'm wearing them right now. I walk all over the neighborhood with my dogs and kids, shop in them, even worn them in slippery conditions. We haven't had much in the way of snow here yet, but a few times we've had a dusting, with the roads/ground just getting a touch slippery, and I like how these boots aren't slippery. The soles are made of rubber and are a tiny bit soft, they are not hard and rigid. They are flexible. The leather in the boot has stretched out a tiny bit, so if they had been too tight to begin with, I don't think that would have been a problem. I like how the heel looks somewhat tall, but is manageable to me. I have low arches, and can't do heels well at all. But these I'm fine with. I have found if I wear them a few days in a row, all day long, my arches will be a little sore, but that's probably because of my low arches to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 11:45 AM

19,122 posts, read 21,411,714 times
Thanks for the reply. It says a alot. I used to ride horses and drive teams a lot, also rode motorcycles since before i was legal.

These are boot types of 2 different types. You might get away riding horse in your boots, but they are not meant for riding horses and would be ok on a bike, most as a passanger, due to the sole type.

My mule ear boots were for horse riding and or dancing, with slippery leather soles, that won't grab stirups in a fall, or grab on a dance floor, and make me fall. But I took them to Limmers Boots in Intervale NH and had the vibrum boot soles adapted to what was there to make biker boots of them. I wouldn't ride in a horse saddle with these as they are now on a bet.

If ever I get back to riding horses I would have to get other boots for doing that. I have some really which in grass are some slick. These were made for the movie patriot, and are historically accurate boots from that time, and will work fine for riding, Just sort of silly looking since my saddle is a western work rig from the 1880's infact. Oddly I ride English, but that saddle fits my butt like a glove. Sitting that saddle for 10 hours straight was clilds play. I wish my bike seat was that good.

I am fussy about the right boots for the job at hand, and liked modern dead winter ice climbing boots once the bugs were worked out. I started that in Limmer boots, which have seen more mountains than any other boot yet, but then switched to the early ice boots which really hurt a lot, then got better boots which are great, but no none here would be interested in ice climbing boots much. I don't own any shoes, just really rugger sandals like boots soles with no real tops even in winter, and then boots. When they don't work, i make mocs by hand and they fit everything else i do.

Old 12-23-2010, 03:47 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,835,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I used to be 6 feet tall, with back injury I stand 5'10" now, but 23 inches is above my knee. How tall are you???
Just shy of 6'1. My lower legs are really long for some reason.... even my 6'2 friend's lower legs are a few inches shorter.

Old 12-23-2010, 05:02 PM

Makes 'up in the air much more realistic' ...LOL

Old 12-23-2010, 07:19 PM

10,745 posts, read 19,113,497 times
Wondering how many people measured heel to knee after this? LOL

Old 12-24-2010, 08:32 AM

I did just to see where 23 inches was..... yikes! The 18 inch mule ears get crushed down a little bit seated in the back, at my knee joint, if seated is in a typical chair. When I ride the bike my legs are extended some, not like sitting in a chair, but not straight out either.

'If' Jet was interested in mule ear boots ot stove pipe boots, which are similar to one another, adding 4 inches to the top in the same color or a different color could probably happen real easy. That was typical of boots a couple hundred years ago anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty