Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 07:35 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,868,160 times

Advertisements

Like how boys/men will constantly wear baggy, oafish, boring sort of clothes (like those shorts that go below the knees), or low-slung jeans, and females constantly sporting clothes that would only have been worn by hookers 20 years ago? I don't know, maybe I take too much notice but the contrast annoys me as much as the fashions themselves. Male fashion is still pretty 'anti-fashion' in my opinion while female fashion isn't much more creative. One is just sloppy and the other is slutty. Why can't people begin to wear stuff that is creative and fashionable, and doesn't have to exaggerate their perceived sexual characteristics? As if we can't tell what gender you are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 01:53 PM

22,342 posts, read 47,322,635 times
nope.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:55 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,887,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Like how boys/men will constantly wear baggy, oafish, boring sort of clothes (like those shorts that go below the knees), or low-slung jeans, and females constantly sporting clothes that would only have been worn by hookers 20 years ago? I don't know, maybe I take too much notice but the contrast annoys me as much as the fashions themselves. Male fashion is still pretty 'anti-fashion' in my opinion while female fashion isn't much more creative. One is just sloppy and the other is slutty. Why can't people begin to wear stuff that is creative and fashionable, and doesn't have to exaggerate their perceived sexual characteristics? As if we can't tell what gender you are?
Maybe you need to start hanging out with a better class of people?
Just a thought.......

Old 12-15-2010, 03:03 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,124,653 times
Yea. Not all men dress sloppily, and not all of us women wear hooker clothing.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:58 PM

93 posts, read 357,444 times
But I understand what you are saying- a lot of what is perceived to be "cool" is worn- by men and women- for sex appeal. Skinny jeans and leggings are in now- why? Because they show off a woman's backside. Men wear their pants low- why? My guess is to show off their boxers, like they are, ahem, ready for anything.

I don't understand it, myself, and would love to see people dress artistically, creatively, and in a way to show off their personalities, not their willingness to have sex.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:14 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,124,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by follie View Post
But I understand what you are saying- a lot of what is perceived to be "cool" is worn- by men and women- for sex appeal. Skinny jeans and leggings are in now- why? Because they show off a woman's backside. Men wear their pants low- why? My guess is to show off their boxers, like they are, ahem, ready for anything.

I don't understand it, myself, and would love to see people dress artistically, creatively, and in a way to show off their personalities, not their willingness to have sex.
How do you know that people who dress in skinny jeans and leggings AREN'T showing off their personalities?

Old 12-16-2010, 08:32 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,225,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
nope.
Ditto. Styes have changed though the ages. What you are wearing NOW would have been though scandalous at the turn of the LAST century.

The OP's rant sounds like every other generation though history commenting on the ones that follow.

Wear what you want, quit worrying so much about what others wear.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:21 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,387,121 times
Well... when you think about it. Clothing styles haven't really changed much in fashion since the mid 1990's for men or women. We're still recycling the same stuff.

We're due for a change. Maybe it's time to start wearing some futuristic George Jetson type unijumpsuits or something... It's 2011 soon afterall.

I just wish people would wear SIZE appropriate clothing. Muffin tops over skinny jeans, spandex of anything on the wrong body type is a moving violation in my opinion.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:51 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,855,007 times
Trimac, I understand perfectly what you are trying to say, these other people are apparently not getting it. I think in general the more we are advancing technologically in this country and world, the more we still regress to our most base level of mate attraction. It's all about sex.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:15 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,887,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Trimac, I understand perfectly what you are trying to say, these other people are apparently not getting it. I think in general the more we are advancing technologically in this country and world, the more we still regress to our most base level of mate attraction. It's all about sex.
We get it, we're just not buying it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty