Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 11:16 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,446,946 times

Advertisements

Vanity sizing has happened; about 5 years ago I wore 7's but now I wear 6.5 and occasionally 6 if I'm buying ballet flats. As for boots, I just got a pair of round toe, slight heel Clarks (they now have a line of boots for people in their 20s/30s) and they fit wonderful. True to size (6.5) and the boots are completely leather with tight calves that cannot be adjusted--if you are slim, they fit wonderfully over skinny jeans. Clarks made the first pair of properly fitting boots I have worn in a long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 05:37 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,957,812 times
For really tall mens and womens boots have a look here
Mule ear boots - Shop sales, stores & prices at TheFind.com

I an not connected in anyway to this site. All I did was google tony lama mule ear boots.
Mine are 18 inches tall. I place the 'ears' inside these botts whether they are inside or outside my jeans.

Nuther site with lots of tall boots.
Fort Western Online*::*Tony Lama® Men's Mule Ear Shooter Boot - Chocolate

Old 12-21-2010, 06:21 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,765,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin85 View Post
Vanity sizing has happened; about 5 years ago I wore 7's but now I wear 6.5 and occasionally 6 if I'm buying ballet flats. As for boots, I just got a pair of round toe, slight heel Clarks (they now have a line of boots for people in their 20s/30s) and they fit wonderful. True to size (6.5) and the boots are completely leather with tight calves that cannot be adjusted--if you are slim, they fit wonderfully over skinny jeans. Clarks made the first pair of properly fitting boots I have worn in a long time.
I haven't seen Clark's boots - although I didn't realize you had to be 20s/30's.... I'll have to look for them.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:21 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,192 times
My shoe size also ranges - from about a 5 1/2 to a 6 1/2. I've also noticed that hardly anywhere carries cute shoes for my size... I guess 7 to 8 is the national average? What about us with little feet!!

Old 12-22-2010, 09:51 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,894,862 times
I recently bought a pair of Clark's "Wylde Polka Dot" boots, and they definitely run large. I usually wear a 6 1/2, and bought them online in a 6 1/2. I have to wear thick socks and they are STILL too large. They are very comfy otherwise though, and I like to wear them over skinny jeans, the calves are plenty wide enough. I don't think you can really trust any brand to reliably fit every time, it's better not to order online unless you don't mind returning shoes/boots.

JCPenney : Clarks® 'Wyld Polka' Tall Leather Stretch Boot

Old 12-22-2010, 11:46 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,619,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
For really tall mens and womens boots have a look here
Mule ear boots - Shop sales, stores & prices at TheFind.com

I an not connected in anyway to this site. All I did was google tony lama mule ear boots.
Mine are 18 inches tall. I place the 'ears' inside these botts whether they are inside or outside my jeans.

Nuther site with lots of tall boots.
Fort Western Online*::*Tony Lama® Men's Mule Ear Shooter Boot - Chocolate
Those are super cute!

My Mom grew up wearing Tony Lama boots and she always looked so cute. My lower leg is 23" from heel to just below my knee though...so they probably wouldn't fit

Old 12-22-2010, 03:51 PM

I used to be 6 feet tall, with back injury I stand 5'10" now, but 23 inches is above my knee. How tall are you???

Old 12-22-2010, 03:58 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,765,913 times
Those are cute, wish they were a little lower though (and in brown, lol). I like them! Edit: I had to measure after reading on.... mine is 16" from bottom of heel to bend of knee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
I recently bought a pair of Clark's "Wylde Polka Dot" boots, and they definitely run large. I usually wear a 6 1/2, and bought them online in a 6 1/2. I have to wear thick socks and they are STILL too large. They are very comfy otherwise though, and I like to wear them over skinny jeans, the calves are plenty wide enough. I don't think you can really trust any brand to reliably fit every time, it's better not to order online unless you don't mind returning shoes/boots.

Last edited by Flamingo13; 12-22-2010 at 04:18 PM..

Old 12-22-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post

That is a boot my wife might be interested in. We don't go shopping very often in stores. Do you think these might be in stock in a store?
What makes it stretchy? Would you happen to ride a motorcycle? My wife doesn't ride one, but rides with me a lot. I see no detail on the soles, other than
lightweight synthetic sole reduces foot and leg fatigue '

Do you find they are slippery on the ground, say if you spin on one foot or the other? Do you think theese would stand up to many pivots on one foot, the left a lot?

Getting on a bike tends to spin the left foot throwing a leg over and my wife mounts the bike like a man. Or in other words she doesn't step thru female fashion.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:12 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,361,431 times
Okay, I certainly don't feel crazy now! I was sure that my feet were shrinking (won't happen THAT much, I know better), or the vanity sizing. I used to be a nice 8 1/2-9, generally a 9. It's impossible for me to fit in those now, and find myself reaching for 7-8 1/2 (7 1/2 or 8, usually). It's quite frustrating
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty