Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 09:12 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
and illegal...:P
No it's not. Having tattoos is not a protected class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 11:49 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,673,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TumbleBug View Post
Wow such insight from such a short post!

And, yes I am offended that you doubt my maturity, especially for such flimsy reasons. How rude.

Thank you Foxy for your detailed post, I appreciate it. It is great advice I realized LA ink couldn't be 100% realistic, but it's hard to know which are the real parts and which are the fake.

At their shop the customer is always thrilled first time - every time, they never show the true process - which for me - I'm afraid - may be arduous.
If ya don''t want ,and can't deal with, open honest opinions then you shouldn't have asked here, babe.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:34 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,851,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
No it's not. Having tattoos is not a protected class.
not hiring someone based soley on the presence of tattoos is not officially protected by law...
however i have 3 frineds who reacently won a case based on discrimiation against their tattoos.

2 had worked at the company since opening, another started a year later, 1 of them is rather heavily tattooed, the other 2 have a few small peices that cannot even be seen in normal work attire.
new managment came in and fired all 3 after a discussion about "inapropriate body art"
managment was also stupid enough to state on an open forum similar to this that they would NOT stand for tattooed people in their work place.

these 3 people were hard workers, with the highest sales in their dept and very highly educated. they are also wonderfull people.

they won their case with no resistance!

edit to add: i also love that some people would "never hire anyone with a tattoo..." what you going to do, have them strip naked to prove they dont have one hiding somewhere?
id lay bet that most companies who swear never to hire anyone with tattoos have at least 1 person ons taff with at least one even if its small...

heck, i have 5 tattoos, and unless i show them to you your not going to know i have even one! they are all easily hidden by clothes! and they're NOT small peices LOL

Last edited by foxywench; 12-15-2010 at 09:47 AM..

Old 12-15-2010, 12:22 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TumbleBug View Post
My husband and I are wanting to get matching custom tattoo's.

I've never had a tattoo before but I've seen shows like LA ink etc so I understand that the artist will be able to draw up artwork at our request.

I'm quite concerned about not being happy with the picture they draw though - what's the protocol? Does anyone know?

If I ask them to draw something and I don't like it is it ok to just say no walk away and keep looking? - I don't want to jerk people around but it's really important to have a nice piece and I don't want to feel pressured into accepting a design that I don't like.

Can anyone help with advice?

I have three tattoos, two by the same artist and everything I have from here forward will also be by the same guy. Yes, you give them your "rough idea" or a picture, they always draw it up first for your approval, once you like the drawing they place the drawing on you on their special tracing paper that adheres to your skin. If you then like the look of it and location and size, then they will do the tattoo.

It's always your right to turn down a drawing if you don't like it. Talk to friends who do have tattoos that look like good quality and then check out local tattoo shops to find one and an artist you really like and connect with.

A good shop will be clean, clutter free, everthing will then be in sterile packages, your artist should have a book of their work they have done on other people, etc...
best thing to do is find people who have work that you really like and then find out who they go to.

Good luck and enjoy!!

Old 12-19-2010, 07:47 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,438,166 times
How about a fish , A symbol of freedom.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:51 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,824,608 times
Somehow, a "freedom" tattoo doesn't sound very relationship-y to me. More like those divorce tattoos people get.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:03 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,675,948 times
There is so much artwork on the internet these days. Just look up different pictures you like and print one out. You can have the artist make any changes you would like. I tell them the general colors I would like and they usually suggest details. Most of the time tattoo artists are pretty good at what they do, especially color schemes and ideas that work.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:11 PM

563 posts, read 929,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
If ya don''t want ,and can't deal with, open honest opinions then you shouldn't have asked here, babe.
I see the maturity problem here. But it's not her.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:03 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,131 times
Just don't get a tramp stamp: they're about as unique as oxygen molecules nowadays.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:43 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Just don't get a tramp stamp: they're about as unique as oxygen molecules nowadays.
I can almost guarantee that there are more people with bicep tattoos than tramp stamps.. Should people also stop getting arm tattoos because other people have them? Get a tattoo for yourself, not for anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty