U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 11:19 AM

2,551 posts, read 3,763,697 times

Advertisements

Believe it or not, I love the Covergirl eyeshadows. Tell you why, great example here:

I went out with a friend of mine and got dressed up and such, just the other night. Well, when I got home I accidently fell asleep in bed with my makeup still on and such. The next morning, I looked in the mirror and the eyeshadow was still on!! I love this stuff. It stayed on even overnight.

I'm so, definitely, sticking with Covergirl eyeshadow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 11:58 AM

862 posts, read 2,263,174 times
LOL Linda- you party girl!
I did a bunch of eye shadow-Ulta- for a party with my hubby and used Smashbox primer(freebie)underneath and also went straight to sleep w/ my little son who could not go to sleep for his teen sisters. I was a super glamorous mommy in the morning! The primer really keeps the shadow on. I think if you are doing serious eyeshadow its worth using, at least for my skin.
Most days I use just a bit of brown shadow, no primer needed and rosy cheeks and lips.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:14 PM

22,583 posts, read 11,769,669 times
Eye Shadow should be glittery peacock blue.

Think Elizabeth Taylor in CLEOPATRA (1963).

Old 12-18-2010, 11:22 PM

4,058 posts, read 8,577,440 times
Has anyone ever tried Stila's line of Kitten shaded products including eye shadow? It is a light pink and the web site makes Kitten out to be the best shade ever. Seems like a lot to ask for pink eyeshadow.

Old 12-19-2010, 01:24 AM

3,487 posts, read 6,127,016 times
I almost never wear real eyeshadows but when I do (i.e. dance club) and want waterproof, I go with Smashbox - the brand that the makeup artists use on TV and movie sets. All their stuff can be found in waterproof formulations. Mix with water or use as powder. Dunno about everyday use. I think smearing powders over your eyelids can age them quickly due to the rubbing motion. But the smashbox stuff you can even treat like a watercolor and paint it on so it doesn't apply too much friction.

Yes, and I agree with the poster who said smashbox primer is the best...

Old 12-19-2010, 10:32 AM

10,892 posts, read 13,013,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I think smearing powders over your eyelids can age them quickly due to the rubbing motion. ...
Using good brushes (instead of those wacky applicators) will solve that problem right there.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:15 AM

55 posts, read 255,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
MAC. I have pretty much all their eyeshadows and they have very matte - no sparkle whatsoever, to highly sparkly. I wear a lot of different shadows, and sometimes I just don't feel like glitter and sparkle. But, sometimes I do. Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.
I 100% agree with this. Their eyeshadow stays put forever and the jars are pretty reasonably priced and last forever. I use two colors and combine them for a smokey bronze and the jars have lasted me for over a year.

Old 12-19-2010, 02:18 PM

3,487 posts, read 6,127,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Using good brushes (instead of those wacky applicators) will solve that problem right there.
I still feel like the powders are a bit drying and it can't be great to have that much chemical product on sensitive skin. I collect Smashbox brushes and they are nice. But I still feel nervous about it.

Old 12-19-2010, 02:58 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,361,269 times
You can also pat eyeshadow on with a fingertip.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:05 PM

2,551 posts, read 3,763,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
LOL Linda- you party girl!
I did a bunch of eye shadow-Ulta- for a party with my hubby and used Smashbox primer(freebie)underneath and also went straight to sleep w/ my little son who could not go to sleep for his teen sisters. I was a super glamorous mommy in the morning! The primer really keeps the shadow on. I think if you are doing serious eyeshadow its worth using, at least for my skin.
Most days I use just a bit of brown shadow, no primer needed and rosy cheeks and lips.
Yeah, but I didn't drink that night. Just really tired. We played pool and darts all night...Was very tired and didn't care about washing my face (bad idea really!). But the eyeshadow was still there! Cool!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty