U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 11:44 AM

7,371 posts, read 12,314,281 times

Advertisements

I like it, very classy. When I see men wearing a coat in that style, I think I am looking at a well-dressed man with taste and style, who doesn't follow the trends. It's a great coat, ignore that odd comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 12:48 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,607,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isisthea View Post

Excuse me I do have taste. I don't like the coat. Therefore I do have taste.
You're not the gal the OP is speaking of, are you?

Old 12-24-2010, 02:32 PM

19,122 posts, read 21,362,274 times
yeah, isistha, is right, you should send that miserable coat to me, since it will go great with my mule ear boots

Old 12-24-2010, 02:56 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,607,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isisthea View Post
I don't like the coat. I am sure there are others that do not like it either. Why do you care so much about what I think. If you like it that's great.
Just wondering why you would even bother posting if you didnt like it.......you know, "If you cant say something nice, dont say anything at all."

Old 12-24-2010, 03:16 PM

138 posts, read 298,865 times
Its really a coat for old people Lol

Old 12-27-2010, 09:49 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,046,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man of mucus View Post
Its really a coat for old people Lol
What's old is new again! Just look at how "Mad Men" has influenced fashion over the past year. Most handbag/perfume ads and basic photoshoots in the larger fashion mags now seem to be 50s/60s influenced.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:11 AM

138 posts, read 298,865 times
If you are under 30 and trying to pull off this coat Im sorry but Take it off

Old 12-27-2010, 06:27 PM

15,294 posts, read 7,146,445 times
Hmmm. Got back from the holiday and didn't expect 40 replies.

Anyways, this coat isn't what I wear every day or anything like that. The type of work I'm in is more business casual. I just wanted something I could wear that would fit properly over more formal clothes and wouldn't look ridiculous like a casual coat does (it didn't occur to me when I was younger, but it does now) . This one just turned out to be the warmest coat I've ever had. And I didn't pay full price!

That's alright, isistha. Its okay not to like it, but I disagree that it looks feminine and everybody that knows me would say otherwise. I've got bib overalls and Carhart coveralls too for dirty work in my garage or yardwork. Who knows what the same person would say or think about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Well of course you have a Buntline Special under that coat..right?
Are you saying she may have caught a glimpse of it or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
yeah, isistha, is right, you should send that miserable coat to me, since it will go great with my mule ear boots
What now??

Hell no, Mac! Do you really think I'm gonna hand the coat over to you?? Are you kidding me??

I think I'll just hang on to it because taigagirl says so.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:32 AM

19,122 posts, read 21,362,274 times
I insist you send me that coat for FREE

Or have yee a look at these boots.
"Tony Lama stove pipe boots with mule ears "
stove pipe boots in a cowboy

These go over yer pants of course, and were made for the time of that coat.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:42 PM

7,371 posts, read 5,679,590 times
[quote=MoNative34;17155427]Hmmm. Got back from the holiday and didn't expect 40 replies.

Anyways, this coat isn't what I wear every day or anything like that. The type of work I'm in is more business casual. I just wanted something I could wear that would fit properly over more formal clothes and wouldn't look ridiculous like a casual coat does (it didn't occur to me when I was younger, but it does now) . This one just turned out to be the warmest coat I've ever had. And I didn't pay full price!

That's alright, isistha. Its okay not to like it, but I disagree that it looks feminine and everybody that knows me would say otherwise. I've got bib overalls and Carhart coveralls too for dirty work in my garage or yardwork. Who knows what the same person would say or think about that.

Are you saying she may have caught a glimpse of it or something?

What now??

Hell no, Mac! Do you really think I'm gonna hand the coat over to you?? Are you kidding me??

I think I'll just hang on to it because taigagirl says so. [/QUOTE

Believe me Mo, if it's a good enough reason for me, it would be a good enough reason for a lot of women to find you hot, hot, hot!! Are you going to be sending it on to Mac, or do I have to take him shopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty