U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2011, 09:07 AM

12,977 posts, read 28,814,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by man of mucus View Post
That white girl has no ass Im sorry
What does her skin color have to do with anything? Stupid.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:27 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,485,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
What does her skin color have to do with anything? Stupid.
^^^This.......but she still has no ass though.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:28 AM

2,015 posts, read 3,000,184 times
What a silly thread. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:16 AM

588 posts, read 2,493,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
What a silly thread. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Not silly or stupid enough to prevent 112 replies, including yours.

If the OP's complaint originates from what he believes are misleading/inaccurate descriptions in personal ads, I suggest that all personal ads must include a recent picture of the person in normal (not bulky) clothing. That way the ad reader can make the decision on exactly how curvy/plump/fat/morbidly obese the ad placer is, and doesn't have to rely on embellishments like "curvy" and "plump" that may stretch the truth a bit.

Last edited by juggler; 01-04-2011 at 10:26 AM..

Old 01-04-2011, 10:34 AM

5,065 posts, read 13,277,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggler View Post
If the OP's complaint originates from what he believes are misleading/inaccurate descriptions in personal ads, I suggest that all personal ads must include a recent picture of the person in normal (not bulky) clothing. That way the ad reader can make the decision on exactly how curvy/plump/fat/morbidly obese the ad placer is, and doesn't have to rely on embellishments like "curvy" and "plump" that may stretch the truth a bit.
Is that what this whole thread is about, personal ads? No wonder it seems silly to me too, I don't read personal ads, so I'm not current with the lingo. I thought it was just some random observation of the OP's. Maybe this thread would have been better off started in the Personals forum.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:37 AM

862 posts, read 2,263,711 times
We have all had fun with the OP's preferences, but the core issue is in fact how to choose a word to describe yourself in absence of a photo. I helped a good friend fill out a dating profile once and she agonized over the choices and ended up choosing heavier and less attractive than she really is. Online dating has taken hold since I was single, I totally feel for singles who have to choose among these definitions or take risks posting photos.

This should be in the relationship forum. The beauty&fashion forum must be the"Lifetime" network of CD, if you want to reach the chicks I guess you post here. But be prepared as we will let you have it!

Last edited by hart4july; 01-04-2011 at 10:47 AM..

Old 01-04-2011, 02:56 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,338,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
Is that what this whole thread is about, personal ads? No wonder it seems silly to me too, I don't read personal ads, so I'm not current with the lingo. I thought it was just some random observation of the OP's.
The OP isn't about online dating. It's about any girl who calls herself "curvy." It could be an online ad or it could be over the phone or it could be a description she asks one of her friends to use for her when the blind date asks.

Quote:
Maybe this thread would have been better off started in the Personals forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
We have all had fun with the OP's preferences, but the core issue is in fact how to choose a word to describe yourself in absence of a photo. I helped a good friend fill out a dating profile once and she agonized over the choices and ended up choosing heavier and less attractive than she really is. Online dating has taken hold since I was single, I totally feel for singles who have to choose among these definitions or take risks posting photos.

This should be in the relationship forum. The beauty&fashion forum must be the"Lifetime" network of CD, if you want to reach the chicks I guess you post here. But be prepared as we will let you have it!
PLEASE don't start talking about moving this thread, AGAIN! Please! I originally put it in Great Debates. They deleted it. I asked them to reinstate it and put it in Other Topics. They reinstated it BUT put it in a different forum. Then the mod of THAT form deleted it, again! I asked that mod to reinstate it and it was put it here!

PLEASE! It's been moved TWICE already! It's got to stop somewhere and this forum is as good as any!

Old 01-04-2011, 03:44 PM

12,977 posts, read 28,814,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man of mucus View Post
That white girl has no ass Im sorry
Are you kidding me? That girl's entire body is sculpted feminine perfection.

You are probably just used to seeing the giant Shavonda/Lacresha/Uniqua/Urethra/Propecia/Boomfreaka named compton ghetto chicks with the big old giant a$$es that are all covered in bad jailhouse tattoos, cigarette burns, stab marks and bullet holed keloids.

Thats cool though. Its what you are used to seeing so I guess you like it. Im used to seeing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDAPnajWq-0&feature=sub

Old 01-04-2011, 03:52 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,318,656 times
I don't call fat women curvy, I call them robust or prosperous.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:07 PM

8,161 posts, read 9,367,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I call them RUBENSESQUE.
I call them fat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty