U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2011, 10:48 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,784,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Khloe complains constantly about being called fat and that is because technically she is.
I definitely don't think she's fat. Unfortunately, her sisters are super short and she's pretty tall, and when taking pictures with them of course she's going to look fat/big. In pictures by myself I look fine...put me next to my 5'2 95lb friend and I look like a huge fatass giant.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:33 PM

454 posts, read 511,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
Curvy doesn't mean plump. An 'S' has more curves than a 'B'. A 'B' has more creases. Plump women have FEWER curves and more CREASES than truly curvy women who are thin but have hourglass figures.

Please stop calling plump women curvy. It's an insult to women with hourglass figures.
That's what makes the plump women feel good

Old 06-23-2011, 12:27 PM

5,945 posts, read 12,717,149 times
I think it's silly, too. I think though that regardless of the word used... plump, thick, curvy, whatever - ultimately mainstream society will generally assume the same thing: not thin. And if you're not thin then you're generally placed unapologetically in that "need to lose a few pounds" category, whether or not you really need to.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:34 PM

89 posts, read 150,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
I think it's silly, too. I think though that regardless of the word used... plump, thick, curvy, whatever - ultimately mainstream society will generally assume the same thing: not thin. And if you're not thin then you're generally placed unapologetically in that "need to lose a few pounds" category, whether or not you really need to.
it goes the other way around as well. Thin people, according to the same mainstream society:
- probably starve themselves.
- if not, they probably will, or had before
- are probably sick of some sort of disease
- have an ugly snotty character, for sure. Just the fact that they fit into clothing shows how insensitive they are!

To be honest, being on the other side of the line isn't much funnier either.

The "normal" idea went around +20 kg larger anyways, since 1950's let's say. According to 1950, Marilyn Monroe was curvy. Honestly I look at her and I wonder if she would not have been called "a skinny *****" too if she'd belong to this generation.
Not to mention Audrey Hepburn.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:11 PM

True InaChicky! When I explored the raw food/living foods "diet" a little while back, I dropped a lot of weight, it was a lot of weight for me anyway - about 15 pounds. I'm an averaged to lean-sized person, not overweight or underweight, but during that time period I was very noticeably thinner than I usually was. My boobs shrank to C-cups, too. (normally I'm DD's) People assumed all kinds of things about me, some to my face, some I heard about through the grapevine, etc. None of them true. I was simply, in my mind, eating a very clean and healthy diet for the first time in my life. I felt great. My husband and I were also doing a Blessed Herbs cleanse, as well as getting colonics. (Sorry if that's TMI.) Anyway - as soon as I started incorporating S.A.D. (standard american diet: cooked foods, dairy, meat...) food back into my life, those 15 pounds came back. I was still a size 4/6 depending on the time of month, but all of a sudden my family and some people around me assumed that "whatever she was dealing with, she's got through it now..." ?? Whatevs! I simply missed cabbage rolls and stroganoff and spaghetti and meatballs! It's really hard to stick to a clean diet, and I'm the first to admit that when it comes to food - I lack discipline.

Anyway - whether you're overweight, underweight, or just right... there's things people will assume about you regardless. Might as well just make up your own mind about stuff and not worry about what other people think.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:37 PM

2,294 posts, read 5,461,508 times
Khloe Kardashian did need to lose weight and has; 20+ % body fat for most people isn't that attractive. Kim is a heifer also, that whole family I swear. Fat, untalented & overexposed. They are definitely a big fat part of the curvy debate. Don't be fooled or mislead, they are not role models.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:45 PM

12,977 posts, read 28,798,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Khloe Kardashian did need to lose weight and has; 20+ % body fat for most people isn't that attractive. Kim is a heifer also, that whole family I swear. Fat, untalented & overexposed. They are definitely a big fat part of the curvy debate. Don't be fooled or mislead, they are not role models.
I know much or really care about discussion Khloe, but I have seen Kim in person many times and a few times at the gym and she is FAR FAR FAR from being a "heifer" as you say. Since this discussion isnt about personality anyway I'll say it again that Kim is CURVY. No way you can put her in the "heifer" category.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:59 AM

I've wondered, while standing in the checkout line in the grocery store, what those Kardashian sisters would look like without all that fake stuff... plastic surgery, makeup, photoshop, personal trainers, hair straightening and extensions, fake eyelashes, fake tans, teeth whitening, botox, etc. They look so unnatural. But then again - that seems to be how a lot of women want to look these days - fake. Sad.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:40 AM

89 posts, read 194,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
that seems to be how a lot of women want to look these days - fake. Sad.
Blame it on the society ! We have the pressure to be beautiful, not men.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:57 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,995,268 times
Curvy can be both a 110lb athletic woman with a disproportionate chest and bottom or it can be a 200lb woman with a disproportionate chest and bottom.
I'd rather date the first example but I'd rather get busy with the second example
my 2 cents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty