Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2011, 08:23 AM

296 posts, read 638,520 times

Advertisements

what about the women with the beachball body with stomach hanging lowww and stick arms and legs with no butt? what are they called? i see that kind alot. and according to us guidlines if you weigh more than whats on their charts you are obese. thats why there are so many unhealthy people and kids slothing around. yes there are curvy HEALTHY women but the majority are just fat and unhealthy. so please can we stop sugar coating the truth and get the thruth out there? sorry if i hurt your feelings but your heart will thank you!

Old 06-26-2011, 08:27 AM

992 posts, read 2,373,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashford View Post
what about the women with the beachball body with stomach hanging lowww and stick arms and legs with no butt? what are they called? i see that kind alot. and according to us guidlines if you weigh more than whats on their charts you are obese. thats why there are so many unhealthy people and kids slothing around. yes there are curvy HEALTHY women but the majority are just fat and unhealthy. so please can we stop sugar coating the truth and get the thruth out there? sorry if i hurt your feelings but your heart will thank you!
Sounds a bit like Humpty Dumpty!

Old 06-26-2011, 08:42 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,253,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
Sounds a bit like Humpty Dumpty!
I call those "apples" as opposed to pears. I agree it's an unattractive shape. Women used to gain weight mainly in their hips and thighs,which was kind of sexy, but seems like it's shifting to the mid-section as it's always been with men. There are plenty of dudes sportin' that look and it's not any better on them.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:26 AM

I have noticed more belly fat among women....like a LOT more. Sometimes it's hard to tell if a woman is expecting or not, because the belly just done laps over those there pants!

Old 06-26-2011, 10:57 AM

89 posts, read 175,104 times
if it wiggles and bounces along, it's fat.
if it's hard and pointy, it's a baby.

I cautiously avoid however congratulating anyone for expecting, unless they tell me. I made that mistake with a chubby....dog, but even so, the owner was very upset.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:27 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,792 times
Whatever, I am plump and curvy. Men definitely do not hesitate to stare at my curves.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:57 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
Whatever, I am plump and curvy. Men definitely do not hesitate to stare at my curves.
Depends on if your "curviness" is nice or not nice. Men will stare at both.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Depends on if your "curviness" is nice or not nice. Men will stare at both.
Not to be a massive B*T$H, but the poster that said men stare at her curves posted that she wanted to lose 100 lbs.

Not trying to start crap, but I do agree that there is a difference between curvy and bumpy.

My husband says I'm curvy, but I am WAY too critical of myself. I need to lose about 40 lbs...just had a baby, and not liking the belly.

I'm all for women feeling good, and having confidence, but I do think some go way to far with the "I'm a BIG BEAUTIFUL WOMAN!!!" in your face crap...I'm glad you're confident and happy, but please for the love of Pete quit telling us you're big and beautiful!

Old 06-26-2011, 05:06 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
Not to be a massive B*T$H, but the poster that said men stare at her curves posted that she wanted to lose 100 lbs.

Not trying to start crap, but I do agree that there is a difference between curvy and bumpy.

My husband says I'm curvy, but I am WAY too critical of myself. I need to lose about 40 lbs...just had a baby, and not liking the belly.

I'm all for women feeling good, and having confidence, but I do think some go way to far with the "I'm a BIG BEAUTIFUL WOMAN!!!" in your face crap...I'm glad you're confident and happy, but please for the love of Pete quit telling us you're big and beautiful!
Just because I am chubby does not mean that I cannot have curves. Most of my weight is in my hip/thigh area. I am also heavy chested. If men like (and I suppose they do if one guy almost trips on the street staring at my boobs) full breasts, shapely hips, thighs, and butt then I have those features. I am more of a "pear" shape, not an "apple" shape. Even if I had lost 100lbs, I would still be a pear shape more than likely.

And it is different for us, especially since larger woman are contantly called ugly and unattractive. I know bigger girls and myself who are very pretty face-wise. Why does being larger automatically make a person ugly? If society wasn't this way no one would be screaming "I am a big beautiful woman",

Old 06-26-2011, 05:45 PM

There are plenty of beautiful, larger women. Beauty certainly is in the eye of the beholder, but "curvy" is now used to describe women so often, that the range of curvy now seems to extend to even obese women.

I suppose it's all relative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty