U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2011, 12:09 PM

12,977 posts, read 28,809,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
It's OK that you are concerned about the health of a person, whom you've never met . As a trainer, I'm sure you know that it's not OK to humiliate your clients - but of course I guess you already knew that

I agree - your presence to your children is invaluable. However, being healthy entails so much more than physical health, your mental health also leaves a lasting legacy with your children. I would hope that you knew that too.
My mental health is just fine thank you. The Diploma from Stanford on my wall says so. Really, dont even get me started about mental health because I think obesity is just as much a mental disease as physical disease. This thread is not about that though, so do a search for my thread on that if you so choose.

Its not about humiliating people, its finding whatever button you can to motivate and encourage them to change their dangerious behavior.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:38 PM

654 posts, read 1,102,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
Curvy doesn't mean plump. An 'S' has more curves than a 'B'. A 'B' has more creases. Plump women have FEWER curves and more CREASES than truly curvy women who are thin but have hourglass figures.

Please stop calling plump women curvy. It's an insult to women with hourglass figures.
Are you serious?

Old 06-28-2011, 09:24 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,794,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
My mental health is just fine thank you. The Diploma from Stanford on my wall says so. Really, dont even get me started about mental health because I think obesity is just as much a mental disease as physical disease. This thread is not about that though, so do a search for my thread on that if you so choose.

Its not about humiliating people, its finding whatever button you can to motivate and encourage them to change their dangerious behavior.
I disagree. Some people do have legitimate medical problems that hinder their ability to lose weight. I have a genetic disorder that happens to cause extreme fatigue regardless of treatment. Imagine walking a 15 minute mile then needing to take a 3 hour nap to recover. In addition, I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I rarely eat over 1500 calories a day of good, whole, mostly raw foods to try and counteract my lack of exercise.

If you treated me the way you talk on this message board, it would certainly motivate me...to get a new personal trainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ina.Click View Post
You're Lao's client?

Anyways regarding curvy. I believe this lady is the definition of "curvy".
A very pretty definition

Edit: and without that corset, she might fit the "plump" too but I doubt it.
That's basically what I look like, except I'm 6'1 I LOVED when she became popular because all of a sudden my body type was back in 'fashion' and there were suddenly clothes that fit me!

Old 06-29-2011, 07:43 AM

296 posts, read 532,365 times
so the women with those back boobs...are they suppose to be curvy? and for the record it makes me VERY angry to see some men with bigger breasts than me! life is so unfair....

Old 06-29-2011, 10:34 AM

89 posts, read 151,044 times
Well then, I guess this guy would beat all ladies hands down.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:25 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,096,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Whats not to like about a bigger girl?
nothing, so long as shes thick and curvy and not fat (as is the case with most women in san antonio who label themselves bbw)

Old 07-07-2011, 12:37 AM

1,538 posts, read 6,313,960 times
I had no idea the fashion and beauty thread was so full of humor. I think its safe to say most fat people are aware that they are fat. euphemisms seem to run amok.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:41 PM

30 posts, read 148,201 times
Quote:
These women are lumpy.
Yes, that's a good description.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:56 PM

2,502 posts, read 3,037,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post
I had no idea the fashion and beauty thread was so full of humor. I think its safe to say most fat people are aware that they are fat. euphemisms seem to run amok.
This.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:14 PM

7,371 posts, read 5,681,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Good. Glad you learned something. Now hit the gym and lose some weight. Your kids and husband (if you have) will appreciate it. Husband will like you more and your kids will be happy knowing that mommy will be around to watch them grow up.
Um, Rainroosty is a guy. I'm telling his Mommy on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty